Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 September 2003
I don't go for Self-help books, personally. But, this book was left around my friends place and I began reading it. In fact, I borrowed it, read it and then bought my own copy. I hold this book im such high-esteem that I carry it around like a bible. I don't desire to read another self-help book, ever. This book has it all.
If you are looking for how to live life properly and to the full, you won't find it any other book that puts it so simply as this one.
on 8 August 2003
I read a library copy of 'You Can Heal Your Life' and realised immediately that I NEEDED to actually own the book. If a book can change your life then this is the one that will. You'll want to read and re-read this book and you'll be hungry for more! This gift collection is therefore PERFECT. You get the not only the original book but also a companion book with additional exercises and another book of meditations. So when Louise Hay leaves you wanting more...you have it!
Each page is coloured and illustrated, something you may not have seen since you were 9, but Louise suggests getting to know your inner child so it seems to work.
You won't be disaapointed with this set. The content is inspiring and the presentation delightful! It's something you'll want to buy for yourself and your family, and your best friend!
on 7 October 2005
This book really is the best self help book I have ever read. It was recommend to my sister who then told me about it and I'm going to buy a copy for our brother! It has a unique approach , where other books try and help you become the person you think you want to be , this book works on accepting yourself as you are right now. No other books have said "you are great as you are". I am so much happier now and that is the true measure of a good book.
Buy it Today and buy it for those you love!
on 20 April 2004
Wow what can i say and where can i start. This collection was reccommended to me by a friend and i came straight here and ordered it. I read it inless than a week which for me is a feat in itself. I am now working my way through it again with a need to learn more. It's so obvious what Louise is saying but sometimes we can't see the wood for the tree's. I would reccommend this to anyone and want to buy it for all my family and friends. And yes i would consider it my bible. I couldn't bring myself tolend it to anyone.
on 15 August 2005
I have found this book to be truly enlightening and incredibly useful. Easy to read and full of advice on how to live a more fulfilling life, every part has rung true for me. I think you need to truly be ready to let go of the past and negativity and truly ready to embrace yourself and your life in a new and positive way to gain the best benefit from it. I wouldn't imagine it would be so helpful to anyone with an untreated mental illness, or depression, for example, but having defeated my depression, this book has been so helpful to me in letting go of my negativity and helping me to live life to the full again.
on 13 April 2016
I am really enjoying this and dip in and out of it for when I need a little pick me up.

Louise Hay has a way of making words and there meanings resonate with the reader and I enjoy reading something that makes me think.
on 15 March 2005
I bought this collection after reading the glowing recommendations and I'm not dissapointed.
Firstly before I even started reading I found the books visually very appealing the artwork is so colourful and attractive that you want them out on display and its fun to have these books in colour too as it makes the subject matter much more approachable.
I have read all three books cover to cover and can/will apply alot of what I have read to my everyday life. I think that somewhere in the books, or others that I own of Louise Hay it does say you take from them only that which you need or are comfortable with as you won't agree with all her ideas and that's true for me. I will admit to finding some of it cheesey and some of it not really me but I think if you bear this in mind you'll get the best from them. I'm pleased I bought them as it has really made me address the idea of positive thinking which can only be a good thing.
on 29 January 2015
Some nice sentiments and positive ideas here, good for jogging you out of a negative mind-set. It's broken up into small, digestible parts which makes it easy to read.

Although shouldn't it be 'People, like flowers, are all beautiful in their own way and constantly unfolding' rather than 'Flowers, like people, are all beautiful...' This being a help book for people, not flowers.
on 20 July 2015
I was sadly hoping for more in the meditations rather than just affirmations of approximately a page to work through each day. Some of the subjects covered were a little unusual and had no bearing to me personally, despite the author's claim that you could pick a random page and the meaning would be apt for you. I was not abused as a child or have AIDS, which cropped up in my random selection.

I can see why she wanted to cover so much, but personally would have preferred more in depth meditations on a range of emotions such as: guilt, jealousy, hurt, anger etc.
on 11 July 2012
i bought this thinking there'd be alot of useful meditations. however, that's not the case, its more just a book full of quotes. i've flicked through it and put it to one side. maybe you'll get something out of this but i certainly didn't!