4.0 out of 5 stars A good friend and a teacher
Published on 22 Aug 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars The hardbook arrived without the paper cover. It was ...
The hardbook arrived without the paper cover. It was written it with an ink pen and paragraphs were high lighted. None of this was disclosed to me prior to my purchase.
Published 29 days ago by Patricia Bittinger

4.0 out of 5 stars A good friend and a teacher, 22 Aug 2000
By A Customer
I read "Heal your Life" several years ago, and I can't really put it in to words how much it did for me. I found a good balance inside my soul and it stayed for years! But I didn't nurture this balance....so I lost it! Which is what happens to all live if we don't nurture it! So now I'm reading "The Power Is Within You" and it's different experience from reading "Heal your Life"...but that's because I've changed, I'm not still as focused as I was then, but this book is a true friend....when my soul is disturbed in any way I can always open it and it calmes me down. It gives you such a good view on how simple life really is....it's we, ourselfs, that make it more complicated than it has to be! And it's an honest friend that can tell you such a thing, without affending you in any way, but makes you think something like; "yes of course...it's me, and I can do something to change it and make my life easier and happier". It's really difficult to make a review like this on a book...because we all have our own experiences. So really all I can say is you won't loose anything by reading it....but there is a big change that you'll gain a lot! Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did...:)

5.0 out of 5 stars A real eye-opener, 23 Jan 2007
This review is from: The Power Is Within You (Paperback)
This is one of those books that causes you to feel shocked and surprised as it's like the author is speaking to you and only you, like the experiences in life that she talks about are your own! I needed this book, it helped me understand why i feel the way i feel and why my life is where it is. And I have no doubt that it is going to help me a lot in my life from now on. She tells you how to get the best out of life and helps you put to rest things in your life that are causing you harm and negativity.

A great book, and I recommend it to everyone out there who wants to know more about why we are here and how to shape our lives the way we want.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOUISE DOES IT AGAIN!, 25 May 2007
Yvonne Green "Rainbows In Beverley" (Beverley, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Power Is Within You (Paperback)
An excellent companion book to 'You Can Heal Your Life'. This book doesn't contain as many exercises and things to do as the first one, but has many more examples to help us see how our thoughts are creating our lives. She talks about forgiveness, and somehow you come to realise that forgiveness doesn't mean condoning bad behaviour, and may not have any effect on the forgiven ones, but that the very act of forgiveness can set ourselves free. I've gone through it, and it works! Why should I spend my time and energy on someone who's not worth the bother!

There are many other things in this book too, and if you're on the long road to personal development, it's a very handy guide to have with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is my bible, 11 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Power Is Within You (Paperback)
This booked helped me feel a lot better about myself, I could really relate to it. I underlined sentences which really helped me and whenever I feel low, I just pick up the book and read again the sentences I underlined before and I feel a lot better. It's a real 'pick me up' book. There are several references to Higher Being etc, but I don't think it matters if you are/are not affiliated to any particular religion, you just take what you want from the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A book to enable self-discovery and self-assurance, 11 Jun 2010
Dr. H. A. Jones "Howard Jones" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The Power Is Within You by Louise L. Hay, Hay House, Carson, CA, USA 1991; Eden Grove, Enfield, UK, 1991, 252 ff.

A book to enable self discovery and self assurance
By Howard Jones

This book is a sequel to and continuation of the theme of the author's "You Can Heal Your Life", published a few years earlier. In the Introduction she says helpfully: `I am not a healer
. . . I help people take charge of their lives. I help them discover their own power and inner wisdom and strengths.' Going rather more into religious spirituality than in the earlier book, Louise Hay sees the power to transform and uplift our lives as within us, a part of the One Infinite Spirit. In this respect, this book is again closer to the ethos of Eastern mysticism rather than the confines of western religion. There is emphasis therefore at the outset on the need for individual responsibility for our wellbeing, rather than laying this off on others or the state or blaming some external deity for our condition and expecting help from without.

We can do nothing about the past, other than learn from it. We can do nothing about the future, except try to channel our lives in the direction we would like to go. So the essence of life is now, in every creative moment: `We all have a unique purpose. We are more than our personalities, our problems, our fears, and our illnesses. We are far more than our bodies. We are all connected with everyone on the planet . . .and we all have the power to live our lives with purpose and meaning.' Her philosophy has been inspired by Ernest Holmes' Religious Science movement, `a correlation of laws of science, opinions of philosophy, and revelations of religion applied to human needs and the aspirations of man.' This is a far more holistic approach to life than that of dogmatized western religion and is really the main theme of the book.

This book is also more autobiographical than its predecessor with the author giving us the benefit of the lessons she has learned from a very distressed childhood and how she has rebuilt her life. Even without the childhood trauma, there are lessons here for us all. Several of these suggestions are in the earlier book - like the need to lay aside fear, anger and resentment - but they are expressed here in a different context. There is also more on how we can change our outlook to help heal the planet. Few of us could fail to learn from this book.

Dr Howard A. Jones is the author of The Thoughtful Guide to God (2006) and The Tao of Holism (2008), both published by O Books of Winchester, UK.

You Can Heal Your Life: 20th Anniversary Edition
The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles
Timeless Healing: The Power and Biology of Belief

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my life, 8 July 2010
J. R. Manning "Julia" (Balearic Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Power Is Within You (Paperback)
I had read, You can Heal your life and that had an incredible influence on my way of thinking. When a friend bought me, The Power is within You, it literally changed my life! Having had a dose of Louise Hay's way of thinking ingrained in my brain by reading and carrying out her affirmations and finding that they truely worked; I was already converted to her way of thinking. When I read this book, it was a joy to read, so positive and flowing. I had a , what seemed impossible at that time, goal in my life. It was what I would have thought a few years before, a fairy tale concept of an ideal life for me. It was not only possible but I did obtain it. I found her writing so powerful that nothing semmed unachievable. Using Louise Hay's positive thinking, I felt that nothing was impossible and she was right. I would say however, this is not a book to use for achieving bad things, whatever one would consider them to be. I really do recommend this book for anybody wanting to use their power of thought to achieve the impossible.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Power is Within You, 17 May 2012
This review is from: The Power Is Within You (Audio CD)
this self-help cd is an ideal introduction to those interested in the power of positive affirmations and the concept that we create our own reality.
Although Louise Hay gives her information in a very simple , very understandable way, she is covering a large area of information , which is not as easy as it sounds when I try to do it! I'm a fan of her books and cd's , especially because she has the ability to translate her information to everybody , without making it too wordy or out of our grasp.
Definitely one to keep in the metaphysical library .

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a timeless self help classic, 13 April 2012
The Power Is Within You
by Louise L Hay
Louise has a deep understanding of how we can overcome the emotions and situations that cause us pain, how to best cope with them and recognise where and how we can learn from them.

Her amazing ability to communicate clear and simple techniques to help us unravel and appreciate our complicated emotions, leads us towards confronting our own deepseated fears, resentments, anger and guilt.

Some of the situations you can hope to master include:

Dealing with deep hurt and resentment
Taking control of your life by understanding personal responsibility
Identifying unresourceful patterns of behaviour, why they exist and how you can make them more resourceful for you
Learning to truly love yourself and develop a more positive outlook
Dealing with anger in a pragmatic, realistic and healthy way
Learning how to forgive
Understanding the sub conscious and using daily affirmations in a powerful and effective way
Connecting your inner wisdom to the Universal Truth

This book is not for the feint hearted - some may shrink back from holding the mirror up to themselves but for those who are bold, the reward is self love, an uncompromising toolkit to help you to master and learn from your own emotions and a true way forward once you have really come to 'know' yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars So helpful to me, 15 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Power Is Within You (Paperback)
I bought this as an audio book and listen to it while I'm driving. I found it amazing and her teachings truly got me through a difficult time in my life. I have her book 'how to heal your life' also and I read extracts from time to time. If you follow her teachings and work on yourself I feel u can really change your life for the better. Also her cd with morning and evening meditations is very good. It's all very positive. She teaches u to forgive, let things go and take responsibility for your life. I really recommend this as an audio book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful book., 1 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Power Is Within You (Paperback)
I bought this book for my nephew who is going through a difficult time with his health and he found it to be a great help in giving him inner strength and a better understanding of himself. I too found a lot of 'Aaha' moments inside these pages, that showed me how to give back to myself after all these years. Truly inspiring!!

The Power Is Within You
The Power Is Within You by Louise Hay (Paperback - 1 July 2004)