5.0 out of 5 stars The best children's activity book I've ever seen.
Published on 5 Sep 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as exciting as I hoped
Published on 5 Sep 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars The best children's activity book I've ever seen., 5 Sep 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Wonderplay: Interactive and Developmental Games, Crafts, and Creative Activities for Infants, Toddlers and Preschoolers (Paperback)
First of all, it starts with six-month-old babies with activities they can really do and benefit from. Second, it uses stuff that you really do have around the house, like pillows and blankets. I go mad with frustration when I have my 3-year-old all geared up for a great project and then realize that the seventh thing on the "You Need" list is a styrofoam vegetable tray that I don't have. This never happens with Wonderplay, because the activities are elegantly simply -- and inexpensive! And they really do foster creativity--my child's, not mine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and sensitive to the needs of parents and children, 27 Jun 1999
By A Customer
As a single parent, I am always eager to hear of practical approaches to helping my two pre-school children. Living as I do in a rural area with little access to workshops and seminars, and with minimal opportunity to swap anecdotes with other parents, I am grateful for this wonderful collection of ideas and techniques for what to do with my kids. The authors obviously know their stuff, are tuned into kids, and are sensitive to the needs of parents. I wish they would write another book for helping with older kids also!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun For Your Kids and You, 18 Oct 2002
By A Customer
I like the variety of easy to do activities in this book. It's so handy to have a book "do the thinking for you"... filled with great suggestions to choose from, some of which the entire family can enjoy. Ever since I had my new baby, I try to spend a few minutes daily with my 3-year-old while the baby is sleeping. My daughter looks forward to this special time together. She often asks to do something over and over again that I first found in this book. I would also like to recommend another quick-read guide that I have found helpful regarding play and quality time spent with friends and the family called "The Pocket Parent."

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as exciting as I hoped, 5 Sep 2005
By A Customer
I bought this book after reading the glowing reviews left by other shoppers expecting to be 'wow'ed by a wealth of ideas to use with my toddler. Well all the ideas are easy to implement but I found very little that was new to me. If you have never spent any time with kids before or don't have many ideas of your own then you will find this book useful as there are lots of good, cheap, practical ideas, songs words and recipes. If you have spent some time with kids, remember your nursery rhymes and have done things like - make dens with a blanket -without needing a book to tell you then I would suggest looking elsewhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for babies and toddlers, 17 July 2009
J. Baker (UK) - See all my reviews
Most of this book is aimed at babies and young toddlers. The section for three year olds is short and actually repeats some of the ideas given in earlier sections. It would make a great present for a new parent or for a one year old, but I didn't find it all that helpful for my 2 and 3 year old children.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great guide filled with delightful activities., 25 May 1999
By A Customer
I found Wonderplay to be a most helpful guide for new parents or anyone who plays with children.As a parent of three grown children I'm currently utilizing some of the craft suggestions with visiting children and find that their parents are often delighted with the respite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource for parents, 6 July 1999
By A Customer
I found this to be a terrific resource for parents, full of fun activities and easy to use. It's a great gift for anyone who has a young child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 8 Jan 2009
E. Woods (Surrey) - See all my reviews
I was given this as a gift and have now given it to others as it's so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Filled with useful advice, 16 Dec 2011
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It contains useful advice for infants, toddlers and younger children, and even provides the lyrics and "choreography" to various nursery rhymes. I tried some of them with my 3 month old son and he was delighted. I recommend this book to new mothers, and it would make a nice gift for new mothers too.

3.0 out of 5 stars American, 15 Oct 2010
I bought this book when my children were very small but even though it has great ideas its very much American. Cant really remember much else about it but I do remeber not really using it!