1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Krazy Kat : the most moving thing I`ve ever read!, 22 Jan 2003
This review is from: Krazy and Ignatz: 1927-1928 - Love Letters in Ancient Brick (Krazy & Ignatz) (Paperback)
This new publication of the collected Krazy Kat comic strips of 1927 and 1928 will hopefully introduce a lot more people to a work which is now widely held to be one of the greatest artistic creations of the last century.George Herriman`s invented universe is drawn with breathtaking brilliance,and his characters Krazy Kat,Ignatz Mouse,Officer Pupp,and a score of others,explore the nature of love and the meaning of life. It is wise,poetic,funny,and very beautiful-I`m not sure why,but reading Krazy Kat often has me in tears.To anyone new to Krazy Kat who doesnt get it at first,I would say persevere and give the dialogue and the characters a chance to work their magic.How he created such emotion with a few simple lines is almost beyond belief,while the philosophical musings of some of the strips pose the questions asked by Beckett in Waiting for Godot some thirty years later.Herriman was a genius, and in the unlikly event of me being asked onto Desert Island Discs,you could forget the bible and Shakespeare,my book would be the collected Krazy Kat strips! Nothing else I`ve ever read has affected and moved me as much as Krazy Kat.

Krazy and Ignatz: 1927-1928 - Love Letters in Ancient Brick (Krazy & Ignatz)
12.39