5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps THE greatest Realms novel ever!, 29 Dec 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Elfshadow (Forgotten Realms - The Harpers Book Two): Elfshadow Bk. 2 (Mass Market Paperback)
This novel is the first Realms novel I have ever read and up to this day after countless others, it still remains my favourite. I have read this book so many times I can no longer count them. At a time when the Forgotten Realms and Harpers series were still in their beginnings, when many other FR books seemed to be no more than documented role playing campaigns, Elaine Cunnigham conjured forth a novel which will keep you up all night! I love so much about this book. The intriguing plot that will stupify you again and again, characters of great depth that you just gotta love [Arylin, Danilo, Khelben, and even Elaith (or perhaps especially Elaith!)], a great setting and action sequences which are neither too short nor too elaborate. When you finally do close this book, you
a) Feel realy good about finally having money well spent. b) Feel really hungry as you realize that you have not eaten for the past 22 hours.
c) Feel that you will read it again soon.
For FR veterans and people who have never touched a fantasy book alike: This is how a book should be written! Get it while it's still there!
Andreas "They don't get any better than this" Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Go, Arilyn, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 6 April 1997
By A Customer
The magic of "Elfshadow" is awesome. I started reading this book a days ago and finished the next evening. When you read this book you will be caught in a nonstop joy ride to God knows Where!!! After reading "Elfshadow" pick up the exciting sequel "Elfsong". Even though Arilyn is only in it once Danilo does a good job of being the main character. But before "Elfsong" check out "Realms of Valor". That book will tell you how Arilyn and Danilo got to Tethyr.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good written book filled with wonder and intrigue, 5 Aug 1999
By A Customer
I liked this book a lot. The interaction between the stubborn and withdrawn half-elf and the charming-annoying mysterious ways of Danilo make for a very fun combanation to read, espcially if you are looking to brush up on sarcasim 101. If you are out looking for a book full of adventure and danger and heroic journeys this is not that at all. But i found it great never the less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and sad and happy all at once, 18 Feb 1998
By A Customer
With the characters Cunningham chose, I shudder to think at what my bookshelf would be like without this book or any other book relates to these characters. She seems to make the character's problem your own then solves it in such a way you find yourself wanting to face another one of her problems. That is no lie.

4.0 out of 5 stars I've joined the ranks of Elaine Cunningham's fans., 25 Mar 1998
By A Customer
I've definitely found a new author to read - I plan to follow all of Arilyn and Danilo's later adventures! I liked Danilo's Don Diego / Percy Blakeney-ish character, and Arilyn's background as an "honorable assassin" is original. The book has a good premise carried out in enjoyable writing and plotting.

4.0 out of 5 stars FR classic., 30 Jun 2010
Great little depute novel from Cunningham.

This is the second instalment of the Harpers story arc.

The story follows a theme of a "who done it", following a spate of murders, with a few nice little twists. The story follows two main characters, with several interesting fringe characters thrown into the mix. This book has a classic FR feel and story arc.

The book is written very well for this type of genre and flows seamlessly
throughout and never gets bogged down.

Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 5 Sep 1998
By A Customer
OK I admit it, when I bought this book I thought...well I know it will be bad but I shall try it anyway. I was ambushed! This is a great book! I loved every word of it. The plot is well done, and written. The characters are well developed and lifelike. Overall just plain great!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 29 Sep 1998
By A Customer
Arilyn is one of my favorite Realms heroines and Danilo was great.I liked the plot and how we found out about the moonblade.I've read all the books with Arilyn and Danilo but I still think that this is the best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 31 Jan 2004
Teofilo E C Moreira (Porto, Portugal Portugal) - See all my reviews
I like Elaine's style of writing, although a bit gory sometimes... I mean, the wound descriptions are given in awesome detail. This is the first book I ever read from her. Previously I had only read Salvatore, and let me tell you that although the writing styles are quite different (Salvatore being more "action", Elaine more "character interaction"), I would be hard pressed to choose between these two pillars of fantasy novel writing. Great book. Buy it... Now

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!!!!, 11 Oct 1999
By A Customer
This was one of the first fantasy books I read (at least with regards to "Forgotten Realms"). It made me fall in love with this setting. This book has all the ingredients of a fantastic read. Once I started reading it I could not close the book until I finished. Elaine Cunningham is the Agatha Christie of Fantasy.

Elfshadow (Forgotten Realms - The Harpers Book Two): Elfshadow Bk. 2
Elfshadow (Forgotten Realms - The Harpers Book Two): Elfshadow Bk. 2 by Elaine Cunningham (Mass Market Paperback - Jan 1992)
Used & New from: £0.01