on 22 March 1999
Good girl, Bad girl was a well written book on Whitney Houston, but unfortunately the book was unauthorized and none of us know if any of the information was true. I will say that many of his comments were true, I know because I am a true Whitney Houston fan. Getting to the contents of the rest of the book I liked it,Ammons words seemed truely sincere he seemed to know information only some one close to Whitney would know. I gave this book 2 stars, because it is an unauthorized, so for that I took I took away some stars.
on 14 December 1998
When I heard of the book by Whitney Houston I went right out and bought it . I really like it. She is one of my favorite singer and astress
on 2 June 1998
If you like to watch Jerry Springer and similar shows, you will love this book. Almost every regular topic of those shows turns up in this book: drugs, homosexuality, adultery, and lots and lots of fist fights. The only character who seems to be a moral person is little Bobbi Kristina, Whitney's daughter. Of course, she is only five. . . Only the middle portion of this book deals with the authors first hand knowledge of Ms. Houston. His girfriend and only link to the singer gets fired fairly early on for stealing Whitney and Bobby Brown's wedding presents, so the latter part of the book (as well as the brief biography of Whitney's life before the author met her) are taken from other sources. Becuase Kevin Ammons is no moremoral than anyone else in the book--although he did know enough not to kill Whitney's best friend--most of what he writes must be taken with a grain of salt. Still, it is an interesting and often hysterical read, showing that fame and money don't equal happiness.