Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 March 2009
This clear and very useful guide to buddhist themes is divided into sections with a good contents guide and can be dipped into as well as read straight through from start to finish. It provides a good resource that can be picked up to read relevant chapters when needed. It is also very simply written and useful for the non Buddhist, so useful in fact that when I leant my copy to a friend I never got it back! Will be buying another.
on 25 July 2011
For anybody just starting and wanting a very easy to understand book on Buddhism i can highly reccomend this book.It's nice and easy to understand and i found it very informative.It's not something that you have to read from front to back either (although i did),you can flick through the book and pick bits from it that you want to know more about. I also find this book has a very calming effect when reading it. Can definatley reccomend this book.
on 28 December 2015
Purchased as a gift for a friend - but have read this book before. It is by an inspiring writer Ven Thubten Chodron who always writes in an easy to understand way. Don't be put off by the title, this is not just for beginners, but for anyone interested in Buddhism as it clarifies the wonderful teachings. Would highly recommend.
on 1 January 2014
The wording is obscure, I had to keep looking up the meaning of words in a dictionary. One paragraph was complete gobbledegook to me but I have nothing to compare it with, this is the first book I have read on the subject..
on 15 June 2016
If you are looking to find answers for some of the big questions this is the book for you. Buddhist or notVenerable Thubten Chodron has a wit and honesty that resonates truth and wisdom, that is very relevant today.
on 17 April 2012
I only received this book last week so still in the process of reading it. I first became interested in the subject a couple of years ago when I was in San Francisco. My husband was working at a computer games convention there so I had time to browse the book shops. I chose a book on buddhism as the first chapter of this particular book was full of principles that I believed in. There is a very calming feeling when you read these books so I'm looking forward to learning more about this religion and try and practise these beliefs.
on 2 June 2015
Great little book to start off with.
on 16 February 2016
Well written for the interpreted beginner
on 3 June 2015