5.0 out of 5 stars a real happiness reminder
Published on 17 Oct. 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars too sad for a mammy
i find some of these stories particularly difficult to read as a mother. for me personally, since i became a mother i find it impossible to hear stories about sick children or parents losing children, the sadness that would come from such a loss is to great to even think about, therefore i could not continue to read this book.
Published on 28 May 2011 by G. Partlin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a real happiness reminder, 17 Oct. 2000
By A Customer
I am usually one for reading romance novels, but when I was given this book to read, I found that I couldn't put it down. The stories tht you read about other people's adventures and mishaps during their parenthood, made me realise that many wonderful things had also happened to me, from watching my daughter take her first step, to see her start her first day in full-time employment. This book will stay with me for the rest of my life along with my own great memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book that reflects the joys of motherhood., 19 May 1998
By A Customer
This book had me reaching for the tissues at just about every story. I have a 3-month old baby girl who at first I thought was nothing but a nuisance. Then I began reading about how other parents felt at the birth of their children and how feelings of despair and frustration turned into love and care for these same little people. I also loved reading about how each stage of childhood progresses and the simple joys that can be experienced in each one. It felt odd but now I know how other mothers feel when they state that time goes by so quickly and before one knows it baby has become toddler which becomes child which becomes adolescent which becomes adult and then leaves to start their own cycle of life. A wonderful book to remind mothers of how special their relationships with their children really are regardless of their age- from the adult who comes to mom for advice to the child who says, " You are the best part of my day."

5.0 out of 5 stars Get a tissue...., 9 Jun. 1999
By A Customer
You can count on Chicken Soup to touch your heart. These stories are sure to get any Mom crying! If you are having a bad day with your children sit down and read a few stories - you'll feel much better about your own kids. I'd also recommned: Perfect Parenting by Elizabeth Pantley

5.0 out of 5 stars My soul and heart was warmed by these inspirational stories, 22 Mar. 1998
By A Customer
For years I have wanted to read the Chicken Soup series, but finances being limited, I had to wait until my mother bought me Chicken Soup for the Mothers Soul. What a tremendous delight.....I fully intended to only read a story a day so that it would last a while, but within 24 hours I had consumed every story in the book. My heart feels lighter and my thoughts began to look on my life as a mother and how my children percieve me. It makes you want to strive for the ultimate goal....to be a mother remembered with love and admiration. I am a fan of Chicken Soup for life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every mother can relate to these stories, 27 Jun. 2001
By A Customer
My husband bought me this book when it was first released and can relate to everything I have read. Last mothers day I received chicken soup for the mothers soul vol 2 and chicken soup for the expectent mother (as I am expecting my 3rd child). All 3 of these books have made me laugh, chuckle and cry but 1 thing that is guaranteed is once you start a story, 1 is never enough. An excellent read for any mother no matter on her age or the childrens age. I have even bought it for my mother !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I cried like a baby. They are all highly inspirational., 21 Mar. 1998
By A Customer
I have all the books. Keep one in my car, one in my desk, one by the reclining chair. Whenever I feel down, I pick one up. They even inspired me to write a few short stories about loves ones who've affected my life. It was a great treasure for them to see my feelings in writing. In addition to the book, a box of tissues is a required side dish. I recommend them to all my friends and purchase them frequently as gifts.

3.0 out of 5 stars too sad for a mammy, 28 May 2011
G. Partlin "Mamma Mia" (Ireland) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching, 18 Oct. 1998
By A Customer
I recently purchased this book and have only a few more pages to read...all the stories are very touching/only a mother can relate, I believe. The one story which really sticks in my mind is the one about "My trip to Holland"...for anyone who has been blessed with a healthy child should read this story/it will make you look at your child and be thankful and it should help you look inside yourself and realize that patience for a normal child does not compare to the patience needed for a child with a disability.I think of that everytime I become upset or inpatient with my child/I realize how lucky we all are.

5.0 out of 5 stars It made me appreciate my mother all the more., 10 Nov. 1998
By A Customer
My sisters and I gave this book to our mom for Mother's Day and she just loved it. When I went to Europe recently, I brought it with me and I cried and laughed alternately. Every story was so heartwarming, and it made me miss my mom back home. I shared it with 3 of my tourmates and they enjoyed a lot the little that they had read. They all wanted to get a copy to give to their own mothers. I can hardly wait for the second volume to come out. I hope it will be soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!!!, 7 Jun. 1998
By A Customer
I laughed and cried at the same time,"Chicken Soup F or The Mothers Soul" is wonderful.The stories touched me,I have 3 children and these stories gave me the extra boost I needed to give them the extra love they need each and every day. I really look forward to reading more "Chicken Soup For The soul"books.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul (Chicken Soup for the Soul (Hardcover Health Communications))
Used & New from: £0.01