5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect introduction to Maya API and MEL!
The perfect book for anyone wishing to learn to write good Maya API and/or MEL code.
It provides just the right balance of bug-free (in my experience) example-code and concise explanations - all that I needed to get myself going very quickly indeed.
I owe a lot to David Gould and this book.
Published on 25 Mar 2006 by Paul Connor

1.0 out of 5 stars It may as well not have an Index.
Published on 21 April 2006 by Mr. S. Sutcliffe

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect introduction to Maya API and MEL!, 25 Mar 2006
This review is from: Complete Maya Programming: An Extensive Guide to MEL and C++ API (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Graphics) (Paperback)
I owe a lot to David Gould and this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars It may as well not have an Index., 21 April 2006
Mr. S. Sutcliffe (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Although the book provides a useful introduction to the Maya API it provides little extra incite than the standard Maya docs. My major criticism however is the index which is woefully inadequate. I often found myself trying to look up an example which I knew I had read somewhere in the text but couldn't remember where. I would have hoped this is where the index would help - it doesn't.