5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful advent calendar
I bought this even though it was quite expensive and I have not regretted it. It's actually 3 pages (they should have depicted it properly on the amazon page) and it folds out. I bought it because I loved the painting and I had a peek into a door and that's lovely too. Can't wait for December to start.
Published on 22 Nov 2008 by Anke from Ballymoney

1.0 out of 5 stars Windows stuck to backing
Although lovely picture am extremely disappointed that a lot of the windows do not open properly and the front and back layers are stuck together. No picture in windows visible once scraped open with knife and ends up looking a complete mess. Perhaps I got a random bad one but this is not acceptable and very disappointing.
Published on 15 Dec 2010 by Tubalablue

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful advent calendar, 22 Nov 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 16 Jan 2010
This review is from: Silent Night Advent Calendar (Card Book)
This Advent Calendar was definitely the most attractive I have had - I hate these chocolate ones so am always looking for one with beautiful scenery. I had this for the children on the kitchen table all through December with a candle in the middle ~(it folds out and stands up) and when the lights were dimmed it looked lovely, especially after all the doors were opened. The big double wooden door you see in the illlustration is number 24 and behind it is the nativity scene in all its glory. Definitely to be recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Silent Night Advent Calendar, 1 Feb 2009
This review is from: Silent Night Advent Calendar (Card Book)
My boyfriend bought me this advent calendar last Christmas and I can truly say it is the most beautiful, magical advent calendar I have ever had. It opens out so is quite large and the painting is wonderful. You will want to keep it forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best advent calendar ever, 20 Jan 2010
Michael Wright (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silent Night Advent Calendar (Card Book)
Beautiful, sturdy, and with several pictures behind the doors and windows which are - for once - relevant to Advent. Will probably buy the same again for our 3 year old next year. She still talks about it now, in the middle of January.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical Christmas, 11 Oct 2010
This review is from: Silent Night Advent Calendar (Card Book)
What is Christmas without an Advent Calendar?

This has to be one of the best around. It reminds of Christmases past spent at my Grandmothers house many years ago. It was a magical time for me and this brings back those memories.

Price doesn't matter it's the glow it gives me when I look at it!

My Christmas will be all the more special as I open each and every window. I cannot wait for December 1st.

I highly recommend this item :)

5.0 out of 5 stars advent elf, 3 Jan 2010
This review is from: Silent Night Advent Calendar (Card Book)
FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING THAT IS RELATED TO THE CHRISTMAS STORY WITH A MODERN DAY TWIST. BEAUTIFUL WITH A LIGHT/ CANDLE SITTING BEHIND IT, FOR EFFECT. TASTEFUL. THUMBS UP FROM ALL THOSE THAT I SENT IT TO.

5.0 out of 5 stars Advent calendar, 7 Dec 2009
This review is from: Silent Night Advent Calendar (Card Book)
I bought this for my daughter instead of one of the chocolate ones. Wasn't quite sure what her reaction would be, but she loves it. We have set it up in front of the tree and the lights shine through the little windows that have been opened...lovely!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Countdown to Christmas, 6 Jan 2011
This review is from: Silent Night Advent Calendar (Card Book)
This is one of the best advent calendars I have ever had! It stood on my living room shelf with fairy lights behind which illuminated the pictures of each window and door as I opened them. On Christmas Eve the complete scene depicted was magical. The artwork is beautiful and due to its large size and the way it folds, it has a 3-D appearance. It was like a decoration as well as a calendar and my husband, daughter and friends thought it looked amazing. The individual pictures are relevant to the overall scene and the calendar itself celebrates the true meaning of Christmas. My family and I have thoroughly enjoyed this advent calendar and it will be on display again next Christmas.

4.0 out of 5 stars well designed, 14 Dec 2009
This review is from: Silent Night Advent Calendar (Card Book)
This compares well to 2 other advent calendars we have up this year. The pictures behind the windows blend in nicely (unlike the other 2 we have, which are random pictures unrelated to the foreground - one of a German Christmas market and one of a church scene). Similar quality to Phoenix Cards advent calendars. Images are generally non-religious.

5.0 out of 5 stars The windows are the windows!, 30 Oct 2010
yankee-in-ca (San Francisco area) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silent Night Advent Calendar (Card Book)
It looks 3D in Amazon's photo, but it merely unfolds to hold itself up. BUT! It's almost impossible to find what I think of as real advent calendars -- ones whose windows are cut to the shape of the windows in the picture! (Is that so much to ask?) If that's what you require, get this early because they kept running out last year. (So many just have squares cut in the middle of nowhere.) No sparkles, but absolutely beautiful. I kept it up all year!

Silent Night Advent Calendar
Silent Night Advent Calendar by Schroeder (Card Book - 31 Dec 1996)