Format: Hardcover|Change

on 9 September 2008
This book gives an excellent and reassuring introduction to making truffles. I'd also bought Andrew Garrisons 'Making Artisan Chocolates' book and was feeling a little overwhelmed!!

It is clearly an american book but luckily there is a conversion table in the back. Unfortunately the author didn't think to include both imperial and metric in the actual recipes so I had to manually work it out for each recipe, painless but a trifle annoying! My other gripe is that there is no troubleshooting guide so on my first attempt the ganache split and there was nothing to say how to fix it so I had to use google instead (add a bit of cold cream and whisk like crazy).

Also there aren't enough pictures so for some of the recipes there is no indication of what the finished product will look like.

There are some lovely recipes though despite the books shortcomings so it will be well used and at the price it's easy enough to supplement it with other books that have clearer guides to the methods and technicalities of making a ganache.
on 3 January 2012
An enjoyable guide to making chocolates. Lots of ideas to create beautiful gifts for friends and family. It explains the process of tempering the chocolate in detail for beginners like me.
on 21 August 2013
I did not realise when I purchased book it was American, but, it is a nice book. The cover is different to the one I ordered, I presume it has the same recipes. You will have to decide the equivalent chocolate to be used, as with all ingredients, which are for the American market. However, I am looking forward to making and trying many of the truffles.
on 18 December 2013
I have just got interested in making my own sweets and this book was brilliant with recipies and clear instructions on what to do full off good ideas which you can ajust to your likes and tastes
on 7 November 2014
nice book with plenty of simple recipes to follow.
lovely pictures also.
on 1 January 2016
a nice starter book for someone who wants to have a go
on 13 February 2015
Good quality - fast delivery - very satisfied.
on 18 November 2014
Delicious recipes! Can't wait to try them all.
on 8 January 2016
loads of ideas to keep me busy
on 15 December 2013