on 6 October 2007
I'm slightly obsessed with vegan cookbooks and have to say that this is definitely one of the best I have seen so far. The book's 400 recipes cover every eventuality, there is a lot of nutritional information and bits and pieces of useful advice and suggestions. Most recipes do not contain a vast list of ingredients and are fairly straightforward to re-create at home. I do like the book's layout (there is a list of all recipes contained in each chapter at the beginning of the chapter as well as a comprehensive index), although it is a bit of a pity that there are no photos of the delicious recipes. This book is very useful for both everyday cooking and occasions and I absolutely love it!
on 15 June 2004
This book is fantastic. I only got it last week, but have already made several of the recipes, with great success! It is the kind of cookbook which makes you want to try every recipe - it all sounds delicious. The recipes so far have also been enthusiastically received by non-vegans, and are much more varied than in other vegan books. The book has very good general nutritional information and advice, as well as on specific food groups and ingredients. The only slight downside is that it is American, and there is no conversion table, but having to refer to another book is a small price to pay for great food!
on 8 August 2008
This book is nothing short of FABULOUS. It is my bible. For all those who fear that vegan food has to be bland and uninteresting i challenge you to feel the same having cooked any recipe from this book. The recipes are diverse and there is something for every occasion. What i love about this book is that the food is high on taste but also low in fat and all the bad stuff.
on 31 March 2006
This book is extremely helpful regarding both the nutritional needs and the advantages of a vegan diet. Even though I've been vegan for some time, I am learning a lot, and have also found some intriguing-sounding recipes. However, I wouldn't exactly recommend it as a book to dip into for ideas. I'm finding it more of a cover-to-cover read slowly and absorb type thing. I had to wait ages for this book and would say it was worth the wait - but I also have to say I was disappointed that there are no pictures. I like to know how my cooking is supposed to turn out. If a video was made to accompany it, I would definitely buy it and would be a very happy - whatever the vegan equivalent of if a bunny is!
on 11 March 2012
A well written book packed with advice and alternative ways of using certain ingredients. Very clear instructions for many varied recipes, how to get it right, and how to understand what is being cooked. A great addition to learn about vegan cooking.
on 21 January 2013
This has got so many recipes, that work, and taste great. This has replaced at least 5 of my recipe books. Good layout and clear instructions
on 31 July 2011
This is a great book, anyone going vegan needs to read it! I was very pleased with my purchase, I recieved it before the expected date of arrival and it was in excellent conditon.
on 30 December 2015
Useful recipes, easy to follow, would recommend
on 11 May 2013
every time i pick this book up to look at the reipes, there is some problem or lack of inspiration, however another vegan cook book i have made virtually all of the recipes, (vegan cooking for one)..so for me this book has bee a complete waste of money
on 1 September 2015
some very nice recipes here