5.0 out of 5 stars They wouldn't let me give it 6 stars!
Published on 30 Sept. 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best version
This version of the play is significantly different from the Compleat Works version edited by Professor JM Winfield, which contains a large amount of additional 'fun' material. This version of the script itself contains extra or extended speaches which are less mature in their use of borderline language. The concepts used to make fun of Shakespeare are funny enough and...
Published on 23 July 2010 by Will

5.0 out of 5 stars They wouldn't let me give it 6 stars!, 30 Sept. 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: The Compleat Works of Wllm Shkspr (Abridged) (Abridged) (Paperback)
A marvelous, idiotic work of sophomoric (or possibly even freshmanic) genius. A combination of an inside-and-out understanding of every nuance of Shakespeare that would abash a Yale professor, with the anarchic sensibility of all the best moments of "Duck Soup". If you ever get the chance to see them perform this, see it at any cost; otherwise, buy the book and treasure it. If you buy it and read it and it seems hopelessly dumb, get together with some friends and read it aloud and watch how it springs to savage gleeful life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 7 Oct. 2014
C. Jones - See all my reviews
Brilliant. Performed in this. Use this updated version rather than the older version that's still available. Just sublime. Audience doesn't have to know much, if any, Shakespeare to enjoy it. Standing ovations and hugely positive comments - if you follow the script, you can't go wrong. Three guys do all the plays and parts in the complete works. Some minor ad-libbing required and some audience interaction and direct participation. Some audiences more difficult to convince to come up on stage than others, but the most they have to do is run back and forth stage left to right, or scream on cue. Couldn't recommend this script highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Funniest Thing Since Python, 15 Jun. 1999
By A Customer
I have been a lover of Shakespeare all of my life, and I am the first to admit that when I was told by my loved ones that I was about to go see this show, I was extremely skeptical. Needless to say, my stomach was aching from laughter within the first ten minutes of this wonderful three man act. This is without a doubt, the funniest performance I have ever witnessed on or off stage. Bravo, to Adam, Jess, and Daniel for writing this unbelievably hilarious play.

5.0 out of 5 stars A modern day masterpiece!!, 31 Mar. 1999
By A Customer
As a high school speech coach, I am always looking for new, fresh material. "Complete Works..." is it! I've seen the play in London and some of their other works and I've loved every minute. While not on the same level of Tom Stoppard, the writing of this play gives you such an appreciation of the Bard's work that it should not be missed. I just wish the four other plays by these modern day thespians would be published soon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for creative, dramatic performers!, 29 April 1999
By A Customer
I am an actor and performer in high school and I often compete in the literary circuit. This piece alone has won me several awards. I recommend it to any aspiring actors who need a piece to start on or any established actors who need something new. It is also great for an entertaning read or for high school Shakespeare students who need a new twist on the Bard (especially the view of Hamlet as a meat allegory!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for creative, dramatic performers!, 29 April 1999
By A Customer
I am a actor and performer in high school and I often compete in the literary circuit. This piece alone has won me several awards. I recommend it to any aspiring actors who need a piece to start on or any established actors who need something new. It is also great for an entertaning read or for high school Shakespeare students who need a new twist on the Bard (especially the view of Hamlet as a meat allegory!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh, That the Bard Himself Had Writ This Masterpiece..., 14 Jun. 1997
By A Customer
Dan, Jess, and Adam, my hat is off to you. You fabulous masters of comedy have produced an unparelled and incredible exploration into the absurdity and undeniably silly inner nature of some of Shakespeare's greatest works.

Marvy, my dear friends. Marvy.

And to those of you unfortunate enough to have never seen or read this particular work of genius, get out the old credit card right now. Now. Do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 5 Dec. 1997
By A Customer
This parody of Shakespeare's works is the funniest form of flattery. I have read it many times and it continues to bring a new light to Shakespeare. Although it is not a substitute for the original, this book is an outstanding and entertaining introduction to the entire range of William Shakespeare's works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 7 Oct. 1998
By A Customer
I saw this play three times at Marin Shakespeare Company. My friends and I have memorized it! It's hilarious. I love the Othello rap and the romeo and juliet part... i highly reccommend this book. I t will make even the most serious person convulse with chuckles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well done., 4 Dec. 2011
A. Gift For You "mike100274" (Irvine, CA) - See all my reviews
This is a very smart, fun way to get the point across on almost all of Shakespeare's works. It has 3 characters that do the whole show, but I have taken it and spread it out across 13 kids at my secondary school. Very fun!

The Compleat Works of Wllm Shkspr (Abridged) (Abridged)
The Compleat Works of Wllm Shkspr (Abridged) (Abridged) by Daniel Singer (Paperback - 1 Feb. 2000)