5.0 out of 5 stars Darn good book, 15 July 1998
This review is from: Rising Wind (Hardcover)
I think the thing I liked about this book the most was the 'down to the finest detail' type of attention that was put into it. I was a Navy blackshoe and I found no inaccuracies, and my cousin who was USN aircrew found only one. Not too shabby. The action is believeable and not in the vein of some of the less talented writers out there who write SEAL books. It is realistic and about as 'un-Rambo' as you will find. Dick Couch knows what he is talking about, because he had been there and done that. I reccomend this book without reservation. Silent Descent, book one of this series, is good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Darn good book, 15 July 1998

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like Clancy....you'll love Couch, 2 Jun 1999
By A Customer
If you like Tom Clancy military technothrillers, you should love Dick Couch. His personal resume is impressive...Vietnam vet Navy SEAL platoon leader who led the only successful POW rescue, ex-CIA maritime officer,etc. Rising Wind is Couch's second best work. I personally liked Pressure Point the best. Not much for the wordiness of Clancy, Couch is more action and details. No fat. But more story and storytelling than Richard Marchinko and his " fiction ". For fans of the genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars I read it in one sitting...It's that good!, 6 April 1998
By A Customer
Couch's writing rings of authenticity. His background makes you wonder if the events he describes might have been pulled from some secret government file. The story is alarmingly plausible. I finished it in a single sitting. If accurate, hardcore, military thrillers are your thing, then Dick Couch's "Rising Wind" is a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good story not easy to find in east coast book stores, 3 Dec 1996
This review is from: Rising Wind (Hardcover)
a fine yarn in the bow wave of red october; hope many more as well to come.

Rising Wind
Rising Wind by Dick Couch (Hardcover - July 1996)
Used & New from: 1.40