5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect book for boys
Published on 17 July 2011 by Mrs. Joanna Foss

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many pages to hold a 12-year old's interest!
Published 19 months ago by Mini Malteser

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect book for boys, 17 July 2011
This review is from: What's Happening to My Body? Book for Boys: Revised Edition (Paperback)
Very informative and well written. It covers all apects of growing up: stages of puberty,an owner's guide to the sex organs-what's normal, what's not, the puberty growth, pimples, shaving, changes in the male reproductive organs, girls and puberty, resources. In my humble opinion this book is suitable for 10+ boys, who are about to finish primary school, but who have lots of questions which they may not ask their parents. WHAT'S HAPPENING TO MY BODY: BOOK FOR BOYS

5.0 out of 5 stars Book for adolescents, 27 Feb 2011
Great book, really well written for the right age group. My son (nearly 13)loves it and is revelling in his new found 'awareness'.

4.0 out of 5 stars factual, 9 Jan 2012
this was purchased for our 12 year old son who is going through changes in his body. It is a good book for reference and allows him to understand what is happening and allows him to be less embarrassed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many pages to hold a 12-year old's interest!, 2 April 2013
Bought this for my 12-year old son. He has read bits of it but I wish I had seen that it has 272 pages before I bought it! In my opinion it isn't written in a very 'boy-friendly' format. There are not enough 'fun' pictures or phrases to capture their imagination, not enough colour to the book and its far too long and unappealing for kids. It also goes into far too much detail about issues which although relevant to our modern world, just really bombard a pre-teen with information they will learn in time. I'm now going to buy a book with more humour and which my son will be more likely to read rather than leave on the bookcase. If you want a book which is a bit more serious and goes into a lot of detail then this is for you but if your child reacts better to humour, light heartedness and pictures, then I'd buy something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, informative book, 25 Aug 2010
Good, informative book- I bought it for my 11 yr old boy having found the girl version well-thumbed by my daughter (though she'd never admit it!)
I read it & liked it, but my now 12 yr old son hasn't looked at it much yet (as far as I know!) I'm happy to have it lying around for when he needs it- I learned a thing or two as well (despite being married to a man for 24 yrs!)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 8 July 2014
May be my expectation was too high, have bought this to be able to discuss issues when they arise and have a book we can reference to - will not be letting my son read this alone as yet but decided to keep it as although most things are discussed somethings may be easier for him to read alone when old enough

4.0 out of 5 stars informative, 7 May 2014
My son seems to be finding this book easy to read and understand. He finds the honesty fun and worth his time.

2.0 out of 5 stars WHAT'S HAPPENING TO MY BODY, 5 May 2014
This item has in depth discussion about the body, subject matter which is suitable for the mature teen - not suitable for children under 13. Be prepared for your child to ask you lots of questions about things you may or may not be ready to answer. Some of the terminology & language used is inappropriate...

5.0 out of 5 stars whats happening to my body for boys, 20 Jan 2014
can't recommend this book highly enough, explains everything clearly - not too much embarassment when talking to my son about various thing, made the whole approach a lot easier

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks right for my son, 4 Feb 2011
I bought this on recommendation from another parent and looks as though it will provide the basic facts for my son aged 11. We have discussed the book and agreed that he will read bits of it and then come back with any further questions or comments. He's going through it slowly at the moment so not fully sure that the content will be right. Probably quite a bit to read rather than something shorter and punchier but we'll see

What's Happening to My Body? Book for Boys: Revised Edition
What's Happening to My Body? Book for Boys: Revised Edition by Simon Sullivan (Paperback - 10 Dec 2007)