on 20 January 2010
I love this book and highly recommend both it and the earlier books by this author. His description of the role of crystals at this time is excellent. What a joy to find someone who is encouraging people to approach the subject in this way, rather than in the prescriptive, but very limited way, that has become popularised.
I have been blessed to work with crystals for over twenty years, and have taught many students at my school, The Cornwall School of Crystal Healing. In this time there has been a proliferation of books on the subject. Sadly, many of these are poor rewrites of earlier texts, with information often taken out of context, by authors with little true understanding or experience of the subject. Apart from being a waste of money, this is confusing for the student, and does not help the reputation of Crystal Healing.
For someone just beginning their journey with the crystals, I would recommend reading The Book of Stones, and working with some of the crystals described there, before moving on to those in this book.
I need to say that, personally, I have a challenge with the "rebranding" of certain minerals, and from that perspective I do have some reservations about this work. However, having said that, Robert Simmons message goes far beyond this and resonates deeply at a heart level, and I can not recommend this book too highly.
0Comment61 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 July 2010
Thoroughly absorbing account of his personal experiences with some fabulous crystals. Inspiring and uplifting essays from a great teacher.
on 5 June 2014
This is a must have for every crystal lover. It was so heart warming and uplifting to read Robert Simmons' experiences with stones. It resonated strongly with my own experience as a crystal healer and teacher (and crystal 'nut') of the world of stones. I fully agree with Robert Simmons that the world of stones has so much to offer us and teach us when we approach this world with the intention of listening, of learning, of relationship and being willing to give back. Too long have we been stuck in the mind set of:' What can I get from it?' Moving away from the 'put this one on for this complaint', the information and meditations in this book are a great help for all of us who are willing to change the way we approach the world; to stand in it as a participant, rather than an outside observer who exploits. If you are new to crystals, you could not have a better introduction. It will open your heart and change the way you see the world, guaranteed. If you already are familiar with crystals or are working with them, Robert Simmons' inspiring approach will certainly deepen your own experience with the world of stones. A real gem of a book.
on 16 November 2013
I brought this book due to a crystal healing course i was attending, the then tutor did not finish the course due to personal issues, this is where this book od stones came in just at the right time. thank you
on 14 February 2013
The book is great even though i already know about most of the crystals but i like the bits about the attunements and what other stones can work with each other
on 13 November 2015
A few months ago I would have put it down and not believe a word of it, BUT since I stared to feel and see the crystals move I look upon the world in a whole new vision and this book really made me think. As I learn more about the crystals and stones so I understand more. I make sure that this book is by my bed so I can have ready to answer my finding as I learn more about life with crystals.
on 27 November 2012
Robert Simmons is brilliant. Having just finished a 2 year crystal diploma course using many crystals this and his other books were referenced a lot of the time along with Judy Hall. He has some interesting interpretations and lovely photographs. A very good reference book for the shelf.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 August 2013
Love it - extremely informative and I learnt new things about working with crystals in the new consciousness. I have sent this book for 3 of my friends now and they love it too.
on 10 March 2014
Recommend this book to all those who enjoy the energies of crystals and wish to know more about them.
Love this book, so has to have 5 stars
on 22 July 2013
Most of the crystal healers I know - and teachers - call this the best book on crystal description and it's become the new authority work.
The explanations of each crystal are thorough and there are two or three opinions given.
Anyone serious about crystals has a copy of this book.
Having said that, the old standard by Melody is still very much in use as not all crystals are listed here. And in any case, it helps to read about crystals over and over by different authors, though their is no replacement for one's own experience, which is still the best.
Other books I love are Michael Gienger's original book, Hazel Raven's crystal therapy book and Judy Hall's books. I would have to add Michael Eastwood's books and Katrina Raphaell's too.