‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars THE book about stones!, 22 May 2006
This is not just a book of stones! Please dont judge this book by its cover either this is a very exciting and interesting look at many well known and newly discovered crystals. If you thought your crystal encyclopedia was all you ever needed then think again. This is one big book that covers many crystals that do not make it into other books. As with all good crystal books an alphabetical index is at the beginning of the book. Each crystal has a colour photo and a short summary of its properties for quick reference. Also listed are the element associated with the stone plus the chakras it opens and heals which is very useful information.

Robert Simmons starts with some scientific information plus its origin then some interesting information on the stones discovery and history. The articles are in depth exploring the stone on all levels from self work to healing others and a second author gives her take on each stone adding to this wealth of information based on the authors experiences of the stones energy. This really is a metaphysical encyclopedia and will have you hunting out some of these new stones which many believe have been discovered for our own spiritual evolution. This is a must for crystal collectors and healers.

Some of the more exotic high frequency stones you can learn about are: Aqua Lemuria, Merkabite, Ohio Celestite, Fairy Wand Quartz, Gaia Stone, Lemurian Seed, Lemurian Midnight Jade, Nuummite, Pink Lazurine, Shiva Lingum, Tibetan Black Quartz.

5.0 out of 5 stars oracle news, 2 Feb 2009
oracle news (south yorkshire) - See all my reviews
CRYSTAL LOVERS EVERYWHERE PLEASE TAKE NOTE! this is seriously an awesome book. you cant pack this one in your bag and walk around a crystal store or spiritual event but believe me, sat at home in your cosy chair you will enjoy many hours reading about an array of crystals.

this book is exciting! the introduction sucks you in, inviting you to read on and explore the amazing crystals. the book is written by 2 authors, each of them giving you their knowledge on each crystal. it is full of valuable information and absolutely jam packed with fine details. it is like no other crystal book i have ever read!

the authors are absolutely dedicated to crystals and their passion is obvious throughout the book.

please dont dismiss other crystal books i have recommended previously. they are great books and serve their purpose extremely well. but to me this book is in a league of its own and for any one out there reading this who loves crystals i would recommend it one hundred percent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Sep 2008
This review is from: The Book of Stones: Who They Are and What They Teach (Paperback)
I like it! It was more expensive than I'd usually pay for a book, but worth every penny. I'd "Searched Inside" on Amazon prior to buying and that helped me make the decision. It's a sensible size unlike The Crystal Bible and the print is a decent size too. The photography is great too, I've identified at least one mystery crystal from flicking through it.

My edition does indeed have an index at the back with physical complaints and then another one for metaphysical, so I can find whatever I want fairly easily.

Well worth the money in my opinion as I suspect it'll be my first choice in reference now and I have a few crystal books, I seem to collect them like I collect crystals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 1 July 2007
Mrs. J. Heath (England) - See all my reviews
An amazing book describing over 300 crystals with brilliant illustrations; a book you can't resist reading and refering to again and again!

A must for all crystal lovers and better than any other book on crystals I have read - more detailed and more exciting. An essential book to have if you want to expand your knowledge of the crystal kingdom.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book but frustratingly no index.............., 23 July 2008
I had owned the 'The Crystal Bible' by Judy Hall for about a year and although I loved it I felt I needed more, so I brought this book based on the two previous reviews.

I was intially disappointed with it, the layout of the book is not as slick as the 'The Crystal Bible.' This book is simply not easy to use as a reference book, there is no index at the back of the book, so if you're interested in say stones that aid diabetes, telepathy or whatever you have to read the entire the book and make notes, and this will need to be repeat for everything you are interested in. The description of each stone are detailed by the two main authors, and although there is little direct repetition it means there is alot of information to get through!!!

In fact I have had to read the entire book several times, and when I see text that I find interesting I underline it and then construct my own index! This is the only book I've ever written in!!

The result is a hard read but worth it in the end! It's just so frustrating it could be so much better by something so simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Book of Stones, 22 May 2010
I have quite a few books on semi-precious and precious stones, but this one is certainly the best. It contains wonderful colour pictures of the stones and interesting and informative descriptions of each one. A great book if you want to go into stones in more depth. Excellent, I am glad I bought it and wish I had done so earlier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal Bliss, 21 April 2010
J. J. Rowley "rowleyjohnuk" (Loughborough, Leics) - See all my reviews
This is a very good reference book which I am using for my crystal course. Comprehensive and well written and a must on your bookshelf. Buy it and the second volume as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars The book of stones, 28 Sep 2010
A Kid's Review
I was looking for a book with detailed information about crystals. The book of stones supplied that information and more besides. It is a book I refer to time and time again. Each time I open this book I find myself engrossed in it and forget what I was looking for. One of the best books I have bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars book of stones, 20 Feb 2009
this is an excellent book,as crystal collectors we found it very informative and interesting. very easy to use and understand,indepth information on each crystal.wonderful colour pictures,would recommend to anybody,a very worthwhile purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Humbling Piece of Work, 17 July 2009
I find the world of crystal healing amazing, enriching, puzzling and confusing. So many books out there. A few are re-writings of other people's work. I get confused because many write what appear at first glance to be conflicting experiences of work with a particular mineral. When I work with them, I use them differently. Many others do too. What I like about this book is that is written from a humble perspective. One gets to read two people's different views for each of the many, many minerals discussed. That may appear to be confusing. I found it overwhelming when I first put my nose in the book a few years ago. Now I see it differently. Now I see it as an expansion of understanding. I doubt that we all use crystals the same way and get the same things from them. The experiences of the authors and Hazel Raven, who makes some very good contributions to the book, deepen my understanding -if you can call it that - of the crystal kingdom. I know many, many people who respect this book. It is a significant contribution, in my humble opinion.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Book of Stones: Who They Are and What They Teach
The Book of Stones: Who They Are and What They Teach by Robert Simmons (Paperback - 8 Oct 2007)
18.35