5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST book for learning CGI filmmaking!, 20 Feb 2004
Paul C. Griswold "paulruswalrus" (IN, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CGI Filmmaking: The Creation of "Ghost Warrior": The Creation of "Ghost Warrior" (Wordware Game Developments): The Creation of "Ghost Warrior" (Paperback)
A MUST HAVE if you want to make your own CGI film!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Timothy Albee's book 'The Creation of Ghost Warrior' is simply an inspirational book to anyone who has ever wanted to make their own CGI film. Not only does he go through what software he uses, how he uses it, and why he did certain things, but he also coaches you on things like acting, timing, scriptwriting, how to be as efficient as possible in your production and so on. Timothy not only is showing the world that HE absolutely can make a Hollywood calibre film for an independent budget, but he's showing you how YOU can do it too. Instead of giving you 1000+ pages of fluff, each page is distilled down to the most important information. You don't finish a chapter and feel like it was a big waste of time - it's obvious that he puts as much care in writing books as he does in creating animation. Even when I was reading about a subject I already have experience with, I felt like I came away learning a new perspective on it. This book goes hand in hand with his other 2: Essential Lightwave 7.5 and Lightwave 7 Character Animation. You will not regret buying this book.
Also recommended:Essential Lightwave 7.5, Lightwave 7 Character Animation, Inside Lightwave 8, Lightwave 8 1001 Tips and Tricks, Dynamic Character Drawing

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I bought so far, 11 Jun 2004
K J Liang (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I dont normally bother writing reviews here but this time i feel like i need to, first i just want say to Tim (the auther of the book) - you are the ONE. because this book is like a "true bible" to me, I really like the way he writes. This book is like a touch shining through a long dark and narrow path, and you are on that path right now. It taught me things that I never thought i would learn from a book. Completely changed the way I think about CG. This book is defintiely worth alot more than 30 to all artists out there.