5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all those thinking of potty training.
I don't normally write reviews on books, but I felt I had to this time. We had been potty training my daughter (28 months) for nearly a week with continuous accidents and nothing in her potty. We bought this book, which she immediately loved and wanted it read over and over. We still had accidents that day, but the following day she did all her wee's into the potty...
Published on 15 July 2003 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Geared to an American audience
I bought this book because of some good reviews, but was disappointed. It was written by an American author so I have to replace 'diaper' with 'nappy' as I'm reading, along with the mention of 'a pee-pee for making wee-wee'! Also the tense it awkward, 'here am I, Prudence's mother, changing her' for example. So mostly I end up showing my daughter the pictures and changing...
Published on 29 Mar. 2011 by Michelle

3.0 out of 5 stars I loved it but my little girl was not so keen, 31 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty - Girl (Hardcover)
I really liked the book, it helped me to explain where the body fluids come out to my daughter who is 2.11 years old, and going to the potty when you feel wee wee or poo coming out. Some people would say that its graphic, its not its fact! My little girl thought wee comes out of taps and showers but the illustrations given helped me to explain where it comes form without being embarrassed. My daughter was not really keen on the book as it is in cartoon form, she would prefer to see real children sitting on a real potty so that she could relate more. Also my little girl is not really interesting in using the potty or toilet yet she just does not seem ready so will use it when she is a little more ready. NIce book, good way of explaining things, wish that it was a picture of a real girl on the potty though as my daughter would have preferred that but hey cannot please everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used for all four of my children, 20 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty - Girl (Hardcover)
I have used both the boy and girl versions of this book for all four of my children and it has been brilliant every time:

first daughter (now 8) - trained at 24 months (both day and night),

son (now 6) - trained at 21 months (dry at night by 22months),

and 2nd daughter (now 3.5) trained at 22 months (dry at night by 23 months)

My youngest daughter is 16 months and already doing both wees and poos in the potty and asks me to read her this book each time she's sat on it. Of course, it helps that she has three siblings to watch and learn from but nonetheless, this book is her current favourite and it seems to really appeals to her. She just loves it!

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE, 14 Sept. 2009
Matthew Elvin (LONDON, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty - Girl (Hardcover)
This is such an incredible book. For so long my wife and I had tried to sing the praises of using the potty to our child but to no avail, until we'd brought this book! within a few short weeks, our daughter started to enjoy using the potty! Admittedly, there were a few trips to the potty that just weren't quick enough, but the joys of seeing the acheivement when using the potty is incredible - for parent and child!
Its been a 2 stage journey to get both "pee pee" and "poo poo" on target, with pee pee the first success but we're finally there!
Can't sing the praises enough for this book! lovely drawerings and a nice short story - available for both boys and girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sweet book, hopefully inspirational!!!, 21 Feb. 2010
WindsorMummy (Windsor) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty - Girl (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my soon to be 3 yr old daughter, who is being fairly stubborn about potty training despite having a fancy musical potty and jazzy knickers etc etc...The reviews looked good and I must say I agree! The book is really enjoyable for both parent and child to read, there's no embarrassment or shame about weeing/pooing or the child's body and I think it is encouraging for little ones - mine wanted to use her potty after reading, just like Prudence (but alas, stayed on it for all of 30 secs then asked for a nappy......). You won't regret buying this book though!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, excellent detail and no dodging the subject!, 29 July 2010
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty - Girl (Hardcover)
I love this book! It is american written so we've got a mom and a diaper but at the end of the day my daughter is 18 months and can't read so i just changed it to mummy and nappy.

The reason i love this book is because it doesn't shy away from pee's and poo's. In fact it even explains that there's 'a hole in your bum for doing poo's'.

My daughter will often go and get her potty when we read the story and either sit on it for a bit or just point to it as we go through.

I really recommend this one!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me!, 27 May 2005
J. Brooke "titus4t" (Wareham Dorset) - See all my reviews
For me, its unbearably twee. For example
"Ever since Prudence was born, she has been making Wee-Wee and Poo Poo into her diaper."
and so on, in a similar tone. Quite a lot of text and uninspiring illustrations for my 18 month old daughter who is showing a keen interest in her potty and loves books - but not this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars A potty-training essential!!!, 20 Aug. 2009
L. Graham (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty - Girl (Hardcover)
So, the language isn't what I'd use, but as the author suggests, you substitute your own family words into the text....and this (along with praise and bribes!)was the biggest help in potty training my children. They were fansinanted by the story which explains everything in a way that they understand. It is also funny and beautifully illustrated. A real favourite!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is brilliant with helping with potty training!, 24 Jun. 2007
Mrs. N. J. Alexander (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This book was the turning point in successful potty training for my daugher, she loved it and wanted to be just like prudence. She is now almost 5 and we read it tonight for her bedtime story and she still thinks it facinating and funny! I am on-line trying to find other books by this author for her and my young son. Would definatley recommed it to any parent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked for my toddler, 16 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty - Girl (Hardcover)
A nice story with helpful pictures for potty training toddlers to relate to. A bit too explicit in one or too places, but nevertheless it was a useful aid when potty training my 2 and half year old daughter. We would read it together in the early stages as she sat on her potty. I bought some other books too and in hindsight could have done without this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a much loved book, 23 Dec. 2007
D. Daniels - See all my reviews
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty - Girl (Hardcover)
I bought this when my daughter was 2.5 when we started potty training. She loved it and it really helped her understand what a potty is for. It's really basic and easy for her to understand. It is a bit American but I just read the word diaper as nappy to avoid confusion.
My daughter is 3 now, is completely toilet trained and still loves this book.

Once Upon a Potty - Girl
Once Upon a Potty - Girl by Alona Frankel (Hardcover - 3 Sept. 2007)