4.0 out of 5 stars acceptance what is
This book had me challenged in many ways. There are times when I go into judging the author and belittling her. Her search for enlightenment, holding satsang whilst compulsively biting her fingers is such a contradiction.
Published on 4 May 2008 by R. E. Russnak

2.0 out of 5 stars Awake in the heartland
I ended up speed-reading this book. Bung me £15 and I`ll tell you about the baggage `I` used to carry. If you prefer to be drop-kicked into clarity, cross this one off your list.
Published on 18 Aug 2007 by Turbowoman

4.0 out of 5 stars acceptance what is, 4 May 2008
R. E. Russnak "Love Energy Healer" (Berkshire ,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Awake in the Heartland: The Ecstasy of What is (Paperback)
And yet, she has accepted that this is it. It does not have to be perfect at some distant place in the future. It does not have to be anything other than exectly what is right now, without judging, without the price of being enlightend after one more meeting with the new guru, licking his/her boots and soaking up their positive vibes.
In her own way she has prompted me to look at my expectations in buying this book in the first place. From now on no more expectations that there are any teachers out there, just read for the sheer pleasure of it...

5.0 out of 5 stars second reading, 27 Mar 2011
Mr. E. T. Williams (runcorn, cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Awake in the Heartland (Paperback)
She peels away at the many onion skins of the ego, layer-by-layer, until there is nothing left. Now I'm not "enlightened" or anything but I do know it's beyond my ego to work out what it's all about. The ego shouts: "Yes, but what about this?" or "what about that?" The ego is more obsessed with `being seen to be right,' rather than `being right' is it not? Yet Nature never raises such questions and objections, everything just is as it is, with or without the baggage of human understanding and emotions. I do feel >some> of this can leech through to the mind though.

2.0 out of 5 stars Awake in the heartland, 18 Aug 2007
This review is from: Awake in the Heartland (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Home & Away, 6 Oct 2005
This review is from: Awake in the Heartland: The Ecstasy of What is (Paperback)
This book is both unbelievably clear & enormously frustrating. It deals with a subject matter that generally defies intellectual understanding with a radiant clarity that cannot but resonate with the reader, and as such is a rare find indeed.
The rub however, is that unlike many authors in the genre, Leo Hartong doesn't prescribe any practice, or doing for the realisation of your true nature, and that isn't really what we want to hear. Give me a dragon to slay, a cave to live in, or an emotion to suppress & the I (ego) is there.
This book, more that many I've read encourages the reader to drop the story in favour of the truth - and as such, is a rare find indeed.

Awake in the Heartland: The Ecstasy of What is
Awake in the Heartland: The Ecstasy of What is by Joan Tollifson (Paperback - 4 Jun 2003)
Used & New from: £1.60