4.0 out of 5 stars A thorough, though not entirely accurate fitness bible, 17 Jun 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding: The Ultimate A-Z Book on Muscle Building (Paperback)
I enjoy all things bodybuilding, so it was with much interest that I began reading this exhaustive look at the fitness (albeit bodybuilding skewed) world. From history to supplements to profiles to training, it's all here. This is a more up-to-date and thorough examination than the books from Arnold (early 80s) and Weider (late 80s). The only problems that I have with this publication is the occasional innacurrate or balsy statement (such as Anja Schreiner placing second at the Ms. International rather than first, or the type of gains a trainee SHOULD make in the first year). I highly recommend this to all levels of trainees, with the caveat to keep an open mind and consult additional sources.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have! Truly Excellent!, 15 Jan 2002
By A Customer
This book is amazing! If it wasn't for this book then I wouldn't have made so much progress. If I need a reference, or am unsure about an exercise or whatever then I just flick open this book. My friends at the gym also ask me about training tips. They might be bigger and stronger, but are amazed how much I know-all through this book. It has training tips and routines from all the top pro's, Q & A's which answer any queries, and top nutritional advice. I have also lent this book to numerous mates and they too are amazed on how much progress they get when they alter their training to what the book says. You will too! A great buy! Merry reading and happy growing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exelent ! , if your confused with so much different advice, 15 Jun 2000
Ive been bodybuilding for a year.you hear so many people telling you the "right way" to attack each muscle, but everyone says different. want to know what foods you should be eating ? how to attack each muscle for max growth and which suppliments you should take ?, its all in here. when your muscles have come to a holt, then just go back and refer to this good book. personaly, i think if you dont have the right knolledge on how to treat your body, your gains wont go as far as they could.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great sorce for any beginner to advanced bodybuilder !, 26 Jun 1998
By A Customer
After reading many books on Bodybuilding I rank this at the top. I have never read such a complete book,nor such a easy to follow book. I am quit pleased to see how the is broken down into mini books and then chapters. I would recomend this book to any male or female advanced to beginning bodybuilder it has been a great help to me !
The new generation Bodybuilder!!
:Miguel

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth while book, 3 Aug 2001
By A Customer
I have been weight lifting for a while, I must agree this book provides a very good refrence for all satges of body builders, or just people looking to fill there shirts every where, not just bellies!.
One problem in my opinion is that for the very basic people the exercises should have pioctures not just description however good. Dont get me wrong there are pics and loads of them but more like the start and end pics I fell would be very helpfull.
Other wise a brilliant book well done to all concerned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 17 Dec 1998
By A Customer
If it wasn't for this book my muscles would not grow as much. Amazing tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE AUTHORITY ON BODYBUILDING., 17 Aug 2004
I BOUGHT THIS BOOK ON THE STRENGTH('SCUSE THE PUN) OF OTHER REVIEWS I HAD READ AND I'M SO GLAD I DID. THIS BOOK IS SO COMPREHENSIVE IN ITS COVERAGE OF EVERY ASPECT OF THE SPORT. ON THE WHOLE I FOUND IT GEARED TOWARDS THE KEEN AMATEUR OR PROFESSIONAL BODYBUILDER, BUT EVEN WITH MY RELATIVE BEGINNER STATUS I FOUND IT INCREDIBLY USEFUL. JUST KNOWING THAT I AM FOLLOWING THE RIGHT PATH TO SUCCESS BY CONFIRMING MY TRAINING/DIET/NUTRITION NEEDS BY READING THE BITS THAT ARE MOST RELEVENT TO ME(THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF PAGES...I CAN'T READ IT ALL AT ONCE!) I HAVE MADE AMENDMENTS TO MY TRAINING WHICH HAVE ALREADY (6 WEEKS LATER) STARTED TO SHOW RESULTS. DON'T KEEP TRAINING TO HOW YOU *THINK* IT SHOULD BE DONE...BUY AND READ THIS BOOK AND *KNOW* THAT YOU'RE DOING IT RIGHT...THE RESULTS WILL SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 20 Nov 2000
By A Customer
i bought this book when i was 14 and now i am 18 , let me say that the man on the front of the book will soon have competition, simply follow the book's instructions and modify it for yourself and it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding: The Ultimate A-Z Book on Muscle Building