5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I have ever read!!
I read this book on holiday this year (1999) and could not put it down! I found it wonderful and very moving. I enjoyed it so much that I have purchesed the next two books and can't wait to read them. I defently recoment this book!!!!
Published on 22 Aug 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars The perfect couple.
Published on 17 Dec 1997

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I have ever read!!, 22 Aug 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my favorite romance book, 15 July 1997
By A Customer
This is the greatest love story of all time. I love the characters Ginny and Steve, everything you can imagine happens to them. I've read this book over and over again, its that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic of the genre, 20 April 1998
By A Customer
One of the first and best romance novels I ever read. Few writers today can depict the remarkable intensity between the lovers as this author can. Their story lingers with the reader long after the novel ends.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Romance Ever!, 12 May 2003
By A Customer
Sweet Savage Love was the very first romance I read at the tender age of 15! I went to a very strict convent school and found it hidden away in the very stuffy and boring school libary. I suspect that if the nuns had realised its content they would have burnt it! I loved it and it kept me entertained as I read it over and over again until I left school. I am so glad it has be republished as it is without doubt the best romance I have ever read even though I am now 32 and have read more romance books than I've had hot diners. If you like your heros to be real men instead of overly romantic simpering wimps then you will love this. Steve morgan is the ultimate dark, dangerous hero and the heroine Ginny turns in to a strong resiliant woman through hardship and learning to survive. She fights her attraction to Steve and although he is forceful during the love scenes, she wants him as much as he does her.
If you buy this book you will read it again and again, it is the best by Rogers, although all her other novels are great as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars An exceptional insight into the human psyche, 28 Dec 1998
By A Customer
I know that a lot of readers were a bit enraged over the whole date-rape thing, but I think that both Ginny and Steve used the excuse of rape to mask their feelings for eachother, and excuse an act that, according to moral code at the time, should not have happened. Why should there only be daring and free heroes? Why is it wrong for heroines to explore the dark side of their passionate natures and delve into the nether regions of their souls? Ginny showed us that a woman can be strong as well as beautiful and loving and giving. Rosemary Rogers should be acclaimed for her ground-breaking work in a time when her concepts were taboo. I have read Sweet Savage Love many times, and I plan to do so again.

2.0 out of 5 stars The perfect couple., 17 Dec 1997
By A Customer
Sweet Savage Love has all the twisted appeal of one of those R. L. Stein novels for teenagers. The heroine, Virginia Brandon, is such a bubble-headed tease that you want to slap her silly, the way the hero frequently does, which may be why you keep turning the pages. The hero, Steve Morgan, has the morals of an alley cat and little else to recommend him. His one redeeming quality is that he hates Virginia almost as much as you do. Each of them singly is mind-numbingly stupid, and the two of them together are positively Martian. The only sensible thing either one of them does is eat, drink, or sleep -- and even then, they usually screw it up. I think what I love best about this book is that end up married, and never did any couple deserve each other more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Controversial, 10 Nov 1998
By A Customer
I originally read this book when I was 15 years old and enjoyed it then, however, my mother loved this book and became a dedicated follower of the author. After reading 'Sweet Savage Love' years later, 1997, I discovered why she fell in love with the book, then. The novelist broke all the rules in the 1970s. The novelist made groundbreaking steps for new writers to emerge and shamelessly pen steamy, sensual and very graphic sexual or lovemaking scenes. Rosemary Rogers was one of the first to walk that untrodden path of penning explicit sex, however, Rosemary Rogers has a passion for sexual assault, as found in many of her books. The genre that every woman wants to be raped by her lover is ridiculous, especially if you've ever been forced to submit against your will (which obviously Rogers has not had to experience). But in Ginny and Steve's case, I believe that Ginny submitted because she wanted to. She allowed Steve to 'assault' her because she was just as enthralled with Steve Morgan as he with she. Lust ruled their relationship. They both were strong willed stubborn people whom were first attracted through lust. Love, if it did, came much later, after their children were grown in 'Bound By Desire'. But I enjoyed 'Sweet Savage Love' and enjoyed the characters. But I am not a fan of Rosemary Rogers. One negative fault with Rogers is the permiscuous nature of Ginny. Taboo. Not accepted by many romance readers. Romance readers can deal with the male's permiscuous activities, however, if he doesn't get his act together and loves the heroine with total devotion towards the end of the novel, then he is considered a candidate for penicillin and obviously lacks understanding on the definition of love. But 'Sweet Savage Love' still remains an all-time favorite of mine. What kept 'Sweet Savage Love' a favorite of mine was the excitement and adventure of capturing the gold, being on the run from the law, toppling governments and thwarting armies, etc. Steve Morgan was in essence an 1860s 'James Bond'. Yes, he is a 'secret service' agent for the United States government. A profession you don't find in many historical American romance novels. So if you enjoy excitement, adventure, intrique, and some 'I Spy', combined with passion, spunk, and plain old 'lust', you'll enjoy the timeless classic 'Sweet Savage Love'. But reader beware, this is not your typical romance novel and if you're a devoted fan of Johanna Lindsay, stay away from 'Sweet Savage Love'.

3.0 out of 5 stars A different kind of "romance" novel, 4 Feb 1999
By A Customer
Like a lot of readers who've read this book, I also think the title is misleading. Perhaps this is the reason that I was taken aback by some of the more lurid plot. This would've been a better book if the author had spared Steve and Ginny, not to mention the readers, just a few of the numerous ghastly events that befall them. It's similar to what soap opera characters go through. So, if you enjoy watching soap operas and are not squeamish, then you would find this book "a juicy good read." One thing to be said for the book is that it leaves a strong impression, for better or for worse. After finishing this one, I couldn't wait to read the two sequels mainly because I had a morbid curiosity to see what other tortures the author would inflict upon Steve and Ginny. I was not disappointed! In conclusion, I think the book is certainly "savage" enough, but there is barely any "love".

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Savage Love, 31 May 2014
I read this book under the desk at school when I was 14. It was literary magic to me. Read it and you'll know what I mean. I dare you ha ha!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still as compelling, 10 Nov 2012
This review is from: Sweet Savage Love (Mass Market Paperback)
I read this book when first published loved the book then and now after all the years have passed I still love it as much having just re read it, the original Christian grey for me!!!!!!!

Sweet Savage Love
Sweet Savage Love by Rosemary Rogers (Mass Market Paperback - Aug 2001)
Used & New from: 0.38