5.0 out of 5 stars incisively, compelling, breathtaking, 4 Mar 2004
This review is from: Into the Fire (MIRA) (Mass Market Paperback)
Stuart's writing is just beyond comparing. She does not follow she blazes a path and walks on the edge of the knife to give you a vivid, breathless story. Some will likely not like her walk on the wild side, but she is right on target.
Jamies and Dillon will linger long in my mind. They provoke, they entrall...a true dance with the devil.
This is my first Stuart book, but it won't be my last.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 2 April 2004
This review is from: Into the Fire (MIRA) (Mass Market Paperback)
This writer is stunning in her gutsy, no holds bar writing, brilliant! Often I read a book, and once I put it down, the words fade into the mist. Moonrise, I read about 7 years ago and it's as vivid today in my mind as when I finished. Into the Fire, will be as vivid 7 years from now as it is today.
Stunning!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 10 July 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Into the Fire (MIRA) (Mass Market Paperback)
This book gets five stars, because I feel it had the potential to be a really enjoyable read. Unfortunately, my copy seems to be missing the middle 100 pages - the main part of the story - and instead in these pages a previous part of the story is repeated. I have no complaints about the actual story, but be warned that you might get a faulty copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars an incredable book, 22 April 2004
Ap Nj Dorrall "nicky0512" (plymouth,devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Into the Fire (MIRA) (Mass Market Paperback)
This is an apsolute scorcher of a novel.
It wasn't what i expected at all. I thought i would be reading a story about Jamies cousin, how he died and who the killer would be and have a bad boy to help along the way.
What i got, was murder, sex, a long held crush by both parties and a revenge seeking ghost!!!!!!???????
An enjoyable book from start to finish, i will be getting a few more books from Ms Stuart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stuart scores a steamy bullseye!, 10 Sep 2003
Deborah MacGillivray "Author," (US & UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Into the Fire (MIRA) (Mass Market Paperback)
Moonrise has been my favourite book for ages. It just does not get any better than that. Stuart came near that perfection with Nightfall, Ritual Sins and Shadows at Sunset, but it was always close, but not close enough. Well, Moonrise now shares that title of favourite book with Into The Fire. This is Stuarts best work since Moonrise, so Stuart fans queue up!! It is a masterpiece. Dark, moody, steamy and so sexy it will knock your socks off.
Nate Kincaid was beloved his whole life. Doted on by his uncle and aunt, they treated him more like a son, after his parents died in a fire. Treated him more special than the daughter they adopted. That hurt Jamie Kincaid, but since she adored Nate, too, she almost viewed everyone worshipping Nate as his due. So why would someone kill Nate Kincaid? Someone had, in a most brutal fashion: beaten him to death in a dirty garage on the edge of a dying town in Wisconsin.
Jamie's mother wants answers. Jamie wants answers, too. And since the police take an apathetic view that is was just another drug deal gone sour, she has come to Wisconsin to find them, come to the one person who can supply them...if only he will. Dillon Gaynor.
Stuart is the resident genius of creating bad boys we cannot resist. Dillon Gaynor is Stuart at her best. A vividly drawn, dark, complex Alpha-Male hero, which means he is not a hero at all. Dillon is likely responsible for Nate's death, in the real sense, if not, then for leading Nate into drug culture. For most of her life, Jamie had watched Dillon at a safe distance. A pretty girl, more smart than she should be, according to Nate, she valued that distance from Dillon. Being smart, Jamie clung to that safety, because deep inside she knew Dillon fascinated her. As with big beautiful panthers, we hunger to get close and touch them, stroke them, but the innate sense of survival warns us they are apt to take off our hand if we do. So smart girls keep their distance, though we harbor that secret seed these bad boys could make us forget everything mama taught us.
But one night 12 years ago, Dillon did not keep his distance. A night that forever ruined his life and Jamie's. Echoes still haunt and shape them both. After a lousy Thanksgiving and watching her mother decline as the need for answers grows, Jamie sucks up her courage and travels days to get to Wisconsin. Within miles of her destination, her rickety car breaks down in the middle of the night, so she is forced to walk the final leg of her journey to confront Dillon. She fears him, is convinced Dillon kept Nate supplied with the drugs that lead to his death. But she fears that we tiny spot inside her more, knowing that despite refusing to admit it, Dillon is her obsession and can lure her to walk on the wild side.
Now she faces him for the first time in over a decade, Dillion who had been her secret teenage fantasy, only to find the man is so much more. Ghosts haunt Jamie and Dillion, ghost of their troubled past, maybe even the ghost of Nate. As she tries to unriddle the mystery of Nate's ugly death, she comes to understand someone is trying to kill her. Could that someone be Dillion? Could Nate's death have something to do with the horrible night 12 years ago? Could Dillion want revenge for spending a year and a half in prison because of Nate and Jamie?
No one creates this sort of bad to the bone, arrogant, dark and blooding male as Stuart does. We have seen this time and again in Moorise, Nightfall, Ritual Sins and Shadows at Sunset (all highly recommend and with a BIG question why they are NOT in reprint.) Without doubt she is the best and none can touch her in this special Alpha-Male magic.
Jamie and Dillion are unforgetable and will be for long time to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars darkly brilliant from resident genius of romance, 17 Oct 2004
Deborah MacGillivray "Author," (US & UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
No one creates this sort of bad to the bone, arrogant, dark and blooding male as Stuart does. We have seen this time and again in Moonrise, Nightfall, Ritual Sins and Shadows at Sunset (all highly recommend and with a BIG question why they are NOT in reprint.) Without doubt she is the best and none can touch her in this special Alpha-Male magic.
Jamie and Dillion are unforgettable and will be for long time to come

5.0 out of 5 stars breathless!!! Wow!, 2 Mar 2004
Leeanne Grant "Leeanne 'Tink" (not New Orleans at the moment) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Into the Fire (MIRA) (Mass Market Paperback)
Stuart is master. She makes other writers pale, and why she is not up there at the very top is only bad management on her publisher. There are a lot of good writers, but no one makes the impact, with such vivid characters as Stuart does.
You don't get knight is shining armour, she is the master magician of Those Dark and Deadly Bad Boys, mama warned you against, and we all prayed crossed our paths.
I think this is the best work Stuart has done since Moonrise, with Shadows at Sunset coming close. I could not put it down. At time you really really wanted to kick Jamie, but then I recalled how in our younger days we let parents and sibling influence us too much, so I empathised with her. I felt so for Dillon, this young life ruined, even when he tried to be half-honourable. Stuart made them so alive for me.
She provokes, make you feel and think as no other writer. I cannot she what she conjures next.
Keep them coming, Ms. Stuart....I cannot get them soon enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Anne Stuart's #1 book, 17 Oct 2003
Noura Omran (United Arab Emirates) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Into the Fire (MIRA) (Mass Market Paperback)
This book is one of Anne Stuart's best books. Dillon Gaynor and Jamie Kincaid were really a good match. Dillon is a hot man and Jamie is an innocent woman. The opposites are really attract. I read 'Still Lake', and 'The Widow' but this one is the best. It's nice how they loved each other since high school. The love grows with them until they couldn't keep it or keep their hands of each other. I admit that it's frightening novel because of the twisted killings and murders commited by Nate Kincaid. I like the Romantic Suspence novels the best. All I can say is this book is a must read. If you want to feel the pleasure of love between two persons, then this book is the one. Don't miss it.

5.0 out of 5 stars HER BEST, 9 Oct 2008
This review is from: Into the Fire (MIRA) (Mass Market Paperback)
I loved this book. Have read several of Anne Stuart's and love the fact that they are unwilling heroes and don't really change their personality to suit the heroine. Dislike romances where the men go all "New Man" at the end. Very suspicious!
My favourite part is where you find out why he went to prison.
The story was excellent, scary in parts steamy in others.

Into the Fire (MIRA)
Into the Fire (MIRA) by Anne Stuart (Mass Market Paperback - 5 Nov 2004)
Used & New from: 0.01