4.0 out of 5 stars I was tired of doormats...
Published on 29 Jun 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't even bother!!
Why can't women have a spine in fiction? In the real world no woman would put up with a man like Pierce, then why should she in fiction? Why can't women be stronger and braver and less desperate in fiction? Someone needs to tell Palmer which century we are in.
Published on 28 Dec 1998

4.0 out of 5 stars I was tired of doormats..., 29 Jun 1999
This review is from: Once in Paris (Mass Market Paperback)
I liked the book, especially the fact that the heroine, Brianne, wasn't a doormat like a lot of the "virginal young girls" that romance writers seem to like. She not only held her own but was several paces ahead of the hero! I also liked the fact that the hero, Pierce, wasn't a macho womanizer like those same writers are so fond of. You didn't get the feeling that he thought she was supposed to get down on her knees, eternally greatfull, that he paid the slightest attention to her. And I liked that he was faithfull - even if it was to his dead wife - he showed potential. And lived up to it!
But I especially like the fact that Ms. Palmer included characters from a previous book: "Tate Winthrop" and "Cecily." If I'm not mistaken, they were first introduced in "After Midnight" written under the name of "Susan Kyle." I was intrigued by the glimpses of these two and had wondered what happened to them. Too bad I have to wait until December for the release of "Paper Rose" for their full story!
I've always loved cross-over stories. Speaking of which, does anyone know if there was a book about Brianne's friend "Cara Harvey"? Since she was mentioned several times in this book, with references to her problems with a "gentleman," I was wondering if she had a separate story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Too hot to handle!!, 29 Dec 1998
This review is from: Once in Paris (Mass Market Paperback)
I liked the way that Diana Palmer wrote Once In Paris. I love all of her books. This was the BEST one yet. She really out did herself when she wrote Once In Paris. The way she made all of the characters and plots blend together was outstanding. Her description of Pierce and Briannes secret feelings was great. The romance and passion in this book was the greatest. Once I started the book I couldn't put it down. I read it in under 2 days! I really recomend this adventurous romance novel to any Diana Palmer fan and to any other romance reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT EXCITING READ, 13 April 2000
This review is from: Once in Paris (Mass Market Paperback)
BRIANNE AND PIERCE STORY WAS A GREAT READ AND A DIFFERENT STYLE OF WRITING. HER CHARACTER BRIANNE WAS YOUNG AND FUNNY AND PIERCE HUTTON WAS OLDER AND WISER BUT GENTLE. I FOR ONE KNOW THAT THERE ARE MEN LIKE HIM BECAUSE I MARRIED ONE! tHIS IS A VERY GOOD BOOK AND WELL DONE DIANA!

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a great book one of her best yet!, 13 April 2000
This review is from: Once in Paris (Mass Market Paperback)
some people just don't get that today we need to know that romance and love are still alive! Not all woman in her early years are confident,like me! Diana palmer is a fine romantic writer and this book was her best yet! The charcters where good and this story set in Paris this time was very interesting well done diana

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Palmer!, 26 Nov 1998
This review is from: Once in Paris (Mass Market Paperback)
Once in Paris, Brianne Martin saved the life of Pierce Hutton. It was nothing so dramatic as pulling him from a burning building, just a simple act of caring for the grief-stricken man. Stunned by the recent loss of his wife, Pierce hadn't forgotten the caring Brianne had shown him, and when the time came to return the favor, he didn't hesitate. In order to save Brianne from the attentions of her step-fathers corrupt business partner, Pierce marries her in name only. But when they are kidnapped and their lives threatened, Pierce and Brianne decide to reach for the happiness they glimpsed Once in Paris. This book, in my opinion, is one of Ms. Palmers best in years. If you liked Vintage Palmer, take a chance on this lively, adventurous book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent, witty and fun!!!, 11 Nov 1998
This review is from: Once in Paris (Mass Market Paperback)
Beyond it's entertainment value, I found the book intelligent and witty. I liked the way Diana portrayed Brianne Martin, although, young in years possessed maturity and intelligence. Unlike some of her characters in the past who were depicted as clingy and spoiled, Brianne is different. The way the story concluded, however, was a little bit lacking in impact. I would have wanted L. Pierce Hutton to be a little bit more remorseful for his shabby treatment on Brianne. Although, the grief experienced by him was understandable in the circumstances, I would still have wanted him to get his 'just desserts'. Overall, I recommend this book, the underlying material for which the story evolves is an 'eye-opener' for what is happening in some parts of the world today.***Great material Diana, more power.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant read., 29 April 2013
This review is from: Once in Paris (Mass Market Paperback)
Well developed storyline, Friendship developed between Brianne and Pierce before romance. A witty, sensual and at times a little sad (in the beginning ). I really enjoyed it. A keeper!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed This Story Will Look For Others, 16 Jan 1999
This review is from: Once in Paris (Mass Market Paperback)
This is the first time I have read a book by Diana Palmer. I was a little disappointed in parts of the story but all in all I enjoyed the book. I enjoyed Brianne and Pierce. But would have liked to have had more happening with Brianne and Sabon just to give Pierce a challenge. I am looking forward to Paper Rose which is due in December with Tate Winthrop and Cecily.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't even bother!!, 28 Dec 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt put it down!!!!, 12 Dec 1998
This review is from: Once in Paris (Mass Market Paperback)
I decide to read the first chapter just to find out how it started and if i wanedt to read it...lets just say I read into the second....i couldn't put it down...so I had to buy it. The characters are so well written....especially Pierce...and Brianne. I greatly recommend this book

Once in Paris
Once in Paris by Diana Palmer (Mass Market Paperback - Dec 1998)
Used & New from: 0.01