5.0 out of 5 stars White Lies was GREAT! Howard keeps you emotionally involved!, 15 April 1998
This review is from: White Lies (Paperback)
This book was one of Linda Howard's best! Right from the start I felt a strong interest and bond with Steve. Although he was near death and couldn't remember his name, his strength and character were so compelling that it was like you really knew him or wished you had. And Jay, she has all the qualities of an intelligent, strong, and loving heroine as she quietly fights to help a man, she barely knows, survive and love again. This is a book that stays with you, and personally I've read it at least 6 times, and I didn't want to put it down any of those times! I got so involved in the story that I laughed and cried right along with Jay and Steve. This is one of the sequels to Diamond Bay, as was Midnight Rainbow and Heartbreaker, and they were all well written, without any lulls in the action. It made me wish for more when they ended. Thank goodness for sequels!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her better ones!, 26 April 1998
This review is from: White Lies (Paperback)
At first I was wondering whether I would like this book, because it was a little too unconvincing at first. How could anyone not recognize someone they were married to? But Howard does a great job of bringing you into her story. The more I read it the more I liked it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Deja vue, 4 Nov 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: White Lies (Mass Market Paperback)
Here we go again folks! It's a good book, well worth reading and up there with LH's best, but IT'S A REPRINT!
If you don't know Howard's books this a good one to start with, if you're a fan make sure you don't already have it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Excitement!!!, 13 April 1998
This review is from: White Lies (Paperback)
This book was a blast. It is a quick read and alot of fun. The action surrounding the love story is great. Jay is an emotionally grounded heroin and her ex-husband is everything she didn't expect, so the foundation is shaken a bit.
The suspense added into the story keeps you on the edge of your seat at all times. You never know whats gonna happen next. The love formed betweeen them is as strong as can be and what every person hopes for in their life.
This is truely prime Linda Howard story telling and is definately worth reading. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars A classic!, 27 Oct 2000
This review is from: White Lies (Paperback)
Are they really husband and wife? By the time they discover the truth they are in too deep and a killer is after them. It was a great book - easy to read, easy to love the characters. A classic romance suspense.

5.0 out of 5 stars OK for mass produced romance...., 19 April 1999
This review is from: White Lies (Paperback)
I tend to shy away from authors who creep up on the best seller list a few times a year. I made an exception with Ms. Howard because I had so enjoyed her Son of Morning book. I wish I had left good enough alone. Jay and "Steve" could be a dozen of other couples from any book written by Jayne Ann Krantz, Danielle Steele or Jude Deveroux (or any other popular writer today). The independent female looking for her career, the macho, alpha male who some how manages to get into trouble. Whether they are undercover operators, FBI, private investigators, or CIA, they are all the same. After just reading Silver Linigs by Krantz, I could have switched both these stories with one another.
Thus finished bashing this book, I have to say that other than being repetitive, there is nothing really WRONG with the story. Steve's a likable enough guy who puts his all into his love for Jay. I thought the whole plot a little far out there and unbelievable, but it is what it is.

White Lies
White Lies by Linda Howard (Paperback - 24 April 1998)
Used & New from: £0.01