Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 19 March 1998
Krentz is a successful romance writer because her formula is not the standard I hate you then I love you set up. Her characters know what they want, it just takes them some time to get there. The same stands here. Our hero & heroine are involved from the get-go so you don't have that "will they, won't they" tension...they already have! In this book, the hero's got the big secret, however, Ms. Krentz doesn't drag it out all the way to the end until you're ready to scream, "Just tell her!". She lets it go early and then our hero spends the rest of the book paying for it. However, she added a little twist to the "big" secret that makes it a little more interesting and our hero gets screwed (figuratively, not literally) even more than he thought he was going to originally, once the secret came out to his ladylove! Its interesting to see how he handles it. As usual, one of the pair is flashy, outspoken & confrontive, while the other is elegant, subdued & withdrawn. However, this is at least my 15th Krentz book and the formula still works for me. Go read it.
on 20 May 1998
I have yet to read a Krentz novel I couldn't put down but, "Lady's Choice" almost became the first. Her heroine is just a bit too snappy and self absorbed to be really likeable. Ms Krentz takes family loyalty too far. Somewhere someone should aknowledge and attempt to make amends for their unscrupulous behavior. Unlike family members in other novels by Krenz the Grants' have no charming or eccentric traits to make the reader forgive their behavior. They just come off selfish and rude. In the end Julianna does make the right choice but her character would have been oh so much more likeaable if her decision was made sooner. I never really could reconcile why Travis put up with Julianna or her family's antics.
on 16 March 1998
I liked this book because it was well written, well organizaed, and customary of the author tremendously funny. Jayne Ann Kretnz has a knack for writing contemporary. She also does a wonderful job of making her plot comical and comprehensible at the same time. She set up the novel with perfect sinchronization, in my opinion. Everything seemed related and in perfect accodance to time perionds, tenses, etc. She is the best. Krentz has an uncanny sense of humor that makes her signature evident on the novels she has written. I loved the novel as much as I love the author's voice and style. #1 Romance Novelist for me.
on 16 March 1998
Jayne Ann Krentz never disappoints. Even though this is a relatively short book Ms. Krentz draws her characters very sharply. Both the heroine and hero are strong, intlelligent people. There is the usual friction between the couple but you still always have the sense that they are going to resolve their conflict. This book also has great, snappy dialogue.
Ree-views
on 7 June 1999
I loved it! The hero and heroine are much different from Krentz's usual characters, very unique and interesting. I couldn't put this book down.