5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful to look at, powerful to read. A book that will become a Friend., 4 July 2014
This review is from: The Liberation of Sophia (Paperback)
The Liberation of Sophia is wonderful: uplifting, encouraging, challenging, thought-provoking and emotionally charged. Sometimes, also, it has an element of wry humour, as might be expected from The Naked Pastor.

Stunningly beautiful to look at (built as it is around Haywards powerful "Sophia" drawings) this book also presents a real clarity of thought and excellence of expression in the accompanying meditations. Initially, I flicked through and skim-read, to get an overall Big Picture of the Sophia Story. Having done that, I will now come back to it slowly and with a certain amount of reverence, taking the time it deserves to read it - again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book and felt upon reading it that it ..., 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Liberation of Sophia (Paperback)
I love this book and felt upon reading it that it was written purposely for me! The artwork is beautiful and the corresponding text is insightful and heartfelt. I have found it an invaluable companion in exploring my own faith. It is particularly helpful, I feel, for those of us who struggle with institutions of any kind, and the quest for acceptance of our whole selves, not just the bits on show. Its too good to be scoffed in one sitting, I keep referring back to it and meditate on its message.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, 24 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Liberation of Sophia (Paperback)
This is a lovely coffee table book, but, with so much more to it than your average coffee table book. It has David Hayward's wonderful Sofia drawings, coupled with great insights and wisdom. Would recommend very highly.

The Liberation of Sophia
The Liberation of Sophia by David Hayward (Paperback - 25 Jun 2014)