5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful and easy to follow., 3 Feb. 2014
I already enjoyed reading the original printed version of this book and it is really nice to see how the content has been updated and added to since then.

The author uses a very informative style showing a glimpse of humour as well as a Glimpse of Heaven!. It displays Chris Moorey's love well, of the Greek Orthodox Church and helps visitors and readers to understand all the "goings-on" within in these beautiful churches. Why does the congregation not sing hymns? What is the significance of "name-days"? Why do Orthodox Christians light a candle and leave a donation on entering the church? All this and many more puzzles are answered clearly within the pages.

The book brings to life the Greek Orthodox religion and makes the ethos, customs and doctrines very understandable and desirable.

Anyone with an interest in different cultures or religions will find this a perfect read. It also displays that there is a lot more to genuine Greek life than sun, sea, tzatziki and Raki!!

Highly recommended to readers of all ages and beliefs.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant introduction and excellent read, 25 Jan. 2014
I stumbled across this enchanting book by accident and am so glad I did ! The author writes with such clarity and passion for the subject that one can almost imagine being out in Greece , actually seeing the things and places being described. I knew nothing of the subject before reading but now , thanks to Chris I now have knowledge and insight to a way of life and culture that is very alive and relevant today. If you like quirky facts,answers to the 'Why' questions in Greek Orthodoxy or are just interested in travel and religion, then this book is for you. Highly recommed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction..., 26 Jan. 2014
A gentle sense of humor, a warm devotion and extensive research combine to make this an unusually entertaining book. Although I am Greek ( and at one time an altar boy ) I found a lot I did not know about the Orthodox Church. This very helpful and interesting book should be on the Kindle reader of every visitor to Greece. There is nothing else as concise or as readable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent intro to Orthodoxy, 4 May 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this guide to the Orthodox Church. The author has filled a gap in the market for a sympathetic, reliable source of information about the Orthodox Church pitched at the interested layman rather than the specialist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 7 Feb. 2014
I purchased a hard copy of this book when it first came out and thoroughly enjoyed it. The book certainly gave me a better understanding of of the Greek Orthodox Church. I have attended many festivals and rites without really understanding what I was witnessing.
How can a religious book get better? Well it does in Kindle!
I only have two criticisms (very minor and very personal)
1. The chapter on funerals was too brief. Regrettably having attended my husband's funeral fairly recently I remember dreading the sight of the open coffin. The author did not describe the yellow roses that would be spread all over the coffin and the way their scent filled the church.
2. I loved the chapter on Icons and was astounded to learn (in the Kindle version) that an Icon was painted to commemorate the tsunami in Thailand. I was in Thailand a few days after the tsunami and witnessed hundreds of people in severe shock searching for a snippet of information about lost loved ones. I am still haunted by this.
Therefore my little criticism is that I personally would love to have had more information on Icons painted that are nothing to do (as such) with the Greece.
As I said very minor and personal criticisms which did not detract from my enjoyment of this great book.
It will remain on my Kindle forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, highly recommended for any holidaymaker to Greece, 28 Jan. 2014
I had a copy of the original printed version and found it so helpful whilst holidaying in Greece. It explains quite a lot of complicated things in a very easy to understand way. The Kindle version looks even better with much more information and better quality photos. A lovely book, highly recommended for any holidaymaker to Greece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the read, 27 Jan. 2014
A very helpful and informative book. The author has a nice sense of humour which keeps the information light and readable. I even found it useful when visiting Orthodox churches in London.

5.0 out of 5 stars An apt title., 25 Jan. 2014
Chris Moorey conveys his love and understanding of Orthodoxy in a clear and concise manner. The book is easy to read and holds one's interest without becoming tedious. I would recommend the book to anyone interested in the vast and different concepts of belief.
Anne Smith.

A Glimpse of Heaven: Introducing Greek Orthodox Churches and Worship
A Glimpse of Heaven: Introducing Greek Orthodox Churches and Worship by Mr Chris Moorey (Paperback - 22 April 2014)