1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Hysterical, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Who is Harry Bigballs?: A Gentleman's Guide to Golf humor, games, instruction and relationships: 1 (Paperback)
I want to give this five stars, I really do. But it is hard to give Harry Bigballs five stars. So I am giving it 4.49 stars.

Anyway, I find it really funny that I, a woman, am the first to review this book that is so clearly a guy's story. But whatever. I'm one of those women who happens to like men and enjoy their humor more than I do most women...no offense to my favorite comediennes, most of whom I would consider to have a more masculine humor. This is a Chelsea Handler kind of filthy language book...so know that going in.

Even if you find men and their immature humor and activities annoying, this would still be a GREAT read for young women to learn that, in my lengthy experience, ALL men behave badly when they're free to do so. They need to behave badly to keep their Man-Card. And they're happier and more mature with us when they can get their stupidity out with one another. It is in everyone's best interest to just let it happen.

This book had me laughing throughout. I don't personally KNOW the author or his friends. But I know these guys. I've known lots of these guys. I am a single woman and I work in politics. I can say with absolutely certainty that when otherwise respectable men are free to go run wild and play, this is who they really are. They will come back though. They always do.

This book would be a good gift for a married guy for a quick read on a flight to a boring sales meeting somewhere. It is a fun story, lots of fun with absolutely nothing more to offer.

Nope, this won't be studied in a course on great literature at any Ivy League University, although it may be required reading in a first year psych course at the local community college someday.