Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 July 2014
one of those books that really makes you think! The fact that some countries are producing grain to sell to the west to feed cattle, while they starve because the price becomes too high for their own people to buy it, and yet the amount of people the cattle feed is less than the grain would have fed in the first place! I was semi vegan before reading this (no meat, no dairy) and although I knew what happened to male chicks in the egg industry I suppose I turned a blind eye. This book has given me that little push I needed and I am now well on the way to becoming fully vegan (if I can only convince my well meaning loved ones!)
on 5 November 2014
This is a short book, and so a lot of what is said is said better in longer and more expensive books. This is though a nice little introduction to the topic. I am sure it will be useful to people who are considering turning vegan or are newly vegan. For long term vegans, like myself, it doesn't say anything new....but it is still a nice little read.
on 21 August 2014
if you're already eating a plant based diet this book will reinforce your commitment and give the necessary responses to the reasons people give for continuing to eat and drink animal products.
if you're a non vegan please read this, you'll have no excuse for not giving up your current diet.
on 29 December 2014
A quick read which contains some good and interesting information that answer a lot of questions that meat eaters may have. I currently am a meat eater and although I had gone through a period of being vegetarian for 18 months I wanted to reinforce my beliefs that going vegan is the most suitable next step. This book has helped towards that.
on 14 August 2014
Very informative, just facts not opinion. I am already vegan but some of the facts still surprised me, a good read for Vegans, vegetarians and anybody that is health conscious.
on 3 June 2014
I am on a the way from vegetarian to vegan and I found this short book very informative, to put it simply I enjoyed the book.
on 29 September 2015
Sales pitch for the food supplement industry. I was expecting a balanced view with proper scientific references.
on 10 February 2015
Interesting introduction to ethical and practical issues arising from our desire to eat meet. Interesting ideas,and lots of links to further information in articles and video etc. Bit repetitive and in the style of someone who has something very worthy to say but who isn't "a writer". Nonetheless a very informative ,instructional and worthwhile read. I was a happy carnivore..now I am transitioning to being vegan.
on 25 January 2016
anyone who wants to find out more about what veganism is all about will find this short book (can read it in less than two hours) a perfect introduction. read it and pass it on to your friends.
on 9 February 2015
Was a thinner book than I imagined, but contained plenty of information of why a vegan diet is beneficial not only to yourself but the planet as a whole.