5.0 out of 5 stars If you had died...
Published 3 months ago by T. E. Woodward

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting.
I read this book a few days ago and wanted to think long and hard before reviewing it. Here are my thoughts.

I have always loved Richard Bach but I can't give this book 5 stars based on loyalty rather than honest criticism.

Published 8 months ago by Renée Paule

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting., 12 Feb 2014

I was expecting this book to feel insightful and new but instead I felt it held back a lot of emotion and feeling and I particularly expected at least some reflections on Richard's life while he went through this experience. I would have liked these to be spoken by Richard and not Donald Shimoda or the ferrets. What I'm trying to say was that this book held a wall up against any vulnerability or lessons learnt. At least it felt that way.

It was however, lovely to know that Richard is doing well and to hear about his courageous and fast recovery experience.

Perhaps naming the book 'Illusions II' leaves readers expecting the same high standard and insights as written in 'Illusions'.

I continue to cherish Richard's other books.

2.0 out of 5 stars Confused, 11 Mar 2014
I did not really understand whether the writer was writing tongue in cheek or not. So e of the sayings seemed to be fairly profound

5.0 out of 5 stars If you had died..., 24 July 2014
and I had not known, and instead of visiting your website a year after my last visit found a memorial - well - that's another probability and probably happened in some far off reality, but not this one. Thanks for making it, thanks for not dying yet, thanks for accepting the challenge of getting better and writing another book to let me know you are well and still talking to Donald and the rebuilt Puff. We both know everything has spirit, some of it spins off from us and lives another life in some other part of us that just happens to take the form of a plane or a Sheltie - glad you wrote this little book and see you around... Tim

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Illusions II: The Adventures of a Reluctant Student (Paperback)
another classic from Richard Bach. it will stay on my bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am a perfect expression of perfect love, here and now!, 22 May 2014
Juliet Vorster (GOSPORT, Hants, GB) - See all my reviews
As you read this powerful little book you will experience exactly what you believe as a reflection of your life. You may find the answers you seek, and you may not. Be willing to open your heart and mind to reveal the greatest truth of all - you are Love, fully and perfectly expressing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterful return, 6 May 2014
Mr. S. Peters "Stu Peters" (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
I was absolutely delighted to see that Richard Bach had survived his accident in Puff and used the disaster as another learning experience. Wonderful read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lesson in reality., 15 April 2014
There is really no point in telling you what I think, it won't mean the same thing. However I can say that Richard has gone through a lot to get this book to you, so if you have read Jonathan Livingston Seagull and Illusions, you should read this, it's not as though it will break the bank. If you haven't read the previous then I suggest you go and do that, and come back later. Remember, it's all for education or entertainment, or both.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing earth shattering here, 2 April 2014
When I read the first one, Illusions, it was a revelation, and a wonderful read. This, on the other hand simply felt like empty gesturing to fill pages. On the whole, I think it would have made a better book if it were composed of just the little sayings at the top of each chapter, but then it wouldn't really have been much of a book.

It was ok, but not in the same league as the original.

2.0 out of 5 stars Less of the same..., 24 Mar 2014
Sciphilios (Huntsville ON) - See all my reviews
I loved "Illusions" - it influences my life to this day, and i'd enthusiastically give it 5 stars. Same for "Bridge", and "One". But "Illusions 2" reads like the original "Illusions" with most of the good parts taken out. Ok, it was good to hear what's new in Richard Bach's life - and especially that he's still alive. But to me, the new insights this book offered beyond the original, could fit handily on a single page. I found it particularly hard to read the list of all the wonderful, loving beings both real and imaginary who populate Richard's life, and not a single mention of Leslie Parish. This book holds that "love is the only thing that's real". Ok, then...

Bottom line for me - somewhat disappointing, given this author's other work, but for the same reason, i'll watch for the next title.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for a perfect read, 7 Sep 2014
I read this while sitting on a beach, perfect for a perfect read. Richard at his best once again.

Illusions II: The Adventures of a Reluctant Student
Illusions II: The Adventures of a Reluctant Student by Richard Bach (Paperback - 25 Jan 2014)