Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 February 2014
I have been a Sherlock Holmes fan all my life, and really loved the BBC's 'Sherlock'. Although I read a lot, I rarely buy books, but I enjoyed Sherlock so much that I decided to buy the accompanying 'Sherlock - The Casebook' Sherlock: The Casebook I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but it looks fantastic. When I saw this one advertised, I decided that it too looked interesting, so bought this as well.

I was really shocked when this one arrived, as it is not a book, but merely a booklet, with 24 actual pages of very spaced out facts...the sort of things you could find if you did a Google search. It took me 25 minutes to read, so you could easily read it in a lunch break. Although I enjoyed it, I have only given it 3 stars as I definitely do not feel it is worth £4.25! You would be much better off buying ' Sherlock - The Casebook' (£9.00) as that is a hardback, is beautifully laid out with colour photographs from the series, and has 158 pages of fascinating information and titbits.
review image
on 15 February 2014
This books didn't impress me at all. It is not informative, the information is available online on various sources, looks like copy-paste edition. Don't buy it if you don't want to be dissapointed. Everything but the cover is a waste of paper. My expectations were not justified.
on 18 September 2014
I was very disappointed with this book, although really it shouldn't be classed as a book! It's only about 30 pages long, and not only were most of these 'facts' things that are almost general knowledge about the show, the facts that weren't were merely ones that I could have found through a quick Google search. Definitely not a book that should be worth £4, if anything it's a glorified pamphlet! I would recommend the official Sherlock Casebook for any fan; it has a lot more interesting detail in it, it has lovely pictures and shots that haven't been seen before, and even more character content!
on 25 May 2014
Very slim, poorly published booklet, with very few new or interesting fact. Did not impress my 14 yr old who loved the TV Programme (it was bought for her).
on 20 June 2014
If you are any serious fan of Sherlock do not waste your money on this purchase! Hope I can get my money back.....
on 26 October 2014
All these facts can be found on the Sherlockology website. DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK - WASTE OF MONEY!!
on 13 June 2014
Reveales some facts I hadn`t heard before and some very funny jokes. It would have been nice with some personal facts of the
supporting actors as well.
Unfortunately I`m not able to use the offered free gift as I have no kindle and it wouldn`t work here in Norway anyway.
on 11 April 2015
This is a great book for anyone who wants random facts about Conan Doyle's novels and the television series. If you are a super fan and know everything about sherlock you may enjoy the jokes. And people who want the facts without hassle of lots of sites this book is perfect :)
on 15 October 2014
Great for new Sherlock fans! if you have just got into watching Sherlock and want a quick overview of whats what, this is definitely the book for you. Short and sweet and to the point, you'll quickly get up to date with the news and brief historical facts. Good dip-in book
on 1 September 2014
No really a book, has a few interesting facts in it but definitely not worth the price, huge letdown, if you're a Sherlock fan you should buy The Casebook instead, much better book and cheaper than this, wish I'd read the reviews before buying!