on 9 June 2014
I was already familiar with MS Office but decided to go to the new 365 because of the cloud concept.
I hoped for a book which would show me how things could change with integration of the work done on different PCs and iPads.
Most of this book is about using the existing MS office programs which I already knew. I wish I had chosen a different book.It taught me nothing.
on 8 April 2016
Was a little disappointed in the book. Good for someone who knows nothing about office applications, and has just got their first computer. The explanations are clear and concise. However, it covers applications I have limited knowledge on, so will become useful if I need to use them more. Not a wasted buy.
on 8 February 2016
Very disappointed with this book: it delivers far less than the Amazon description indicates. I'm a fairly experienced user of Office software, but new to 2016 and the 365 online offering so wanted to find out what's changed and what's new. If your profile is different then this review might not be helpful to you.
- The book is aimed more at someone who has never used Office, doesn't know which version to purchase or how to download it (these last two points take up the first 24 pages).
- The screen prints are so poorly reproduced they are virtually unreadable.
- Beware of the promise that it covers 'Using Office Mobile on tablets and phones' - this is only true if you have Apple products, I can find absolutely nothing for Android
At £8.95 I have tried to persuade myself that it contains a couple of little nuggets that outweigh the hassle of returning it ... and failed, there just aren't. Sorry Amazon, you can have this one back.
on 25 May 2014
I bought this book having never used Office 365 but needded it immediately if appointed to a job I had interviewed for.
got the job and the book at least made me appear familiar with Office 365
on 5 May 2014
Great book for the complete beginner as I am. Explains very clearly. Will be a good long term reference to dip into.
on 31 May 2015
Poorly printed. The screen captures in particular are almost unreadable (blurred and faint) except under a strong light.
It also assumes a good beginners knowledge before you start.
Some interesting, isolated chapters.
Be careful you check as to which version of each individual programme they are referring to.
Some of it is qualified by 'at the time of writing'. Inevitable but it's a drawback.
on 22 September 2014
For fundamentals read "very basic". I'd hoped for a little more but then again it was cheap. I've already spied another book at greater price. Wish I'd not bothered with this one and spent the extra money in the first instance.
on 7 March 2016
Book used for reference however looks good and simple. Received in good time and condition.
on 19 November 2015
This little book is very good value for the money. It contains lots of useful information.
on 3 December 2015
Excellent product comes with all the usual features great value for money.