4.0 out of 5 stars How to crochet: a step by step guide
I liked the book but was disappointed by the lack of diagrams within. The jargon used was confusing and not always explained. For instance a little bit more on how to read patterns would have helped and more diagrams of how to hold e hook, the yarn and how to work if you are left-handed.
Published 6 months ago by Jennine

3.0 out of 5 stars crotcet
I would not recommend this book to anyone who does not have someone to hand who can crochet. With no pictures or diagrams, it makes this very hard to follow.
Published 11 months ago by yvette poppy

3.0 out of 5 stars crotcet, 14 Jan 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars How to crochet: a step by step guide, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: How to Crochet: A Step By Step Guide to Crochet for Beginners (Paperback)

1.0 out of 5 stars Josie, 16 Jun 2014
I was very disappointed. I was actually thinking of putting in the bin. It has no pictures how to crochet it was a waste of my money I did ask my grandchildren to send it back as I did not no how to do it.

1.0 out of 5 stars I can not recommend this book, 24 April 2014
I rated this book at one star because if you are like me you need pictures, this book has none. I need to know how to start a chain with the help of a picture not told how to do it, there are books out there that will help you, like How to Crochet by Alison McNicol

2.0 out of 5 stars Ummmmmm, 24 Feb 2014
I am normally a very crafty person but i cannot crochet. No matter how hard I try I cannot do it! This book didn't help either. it wasn't really easy to understand. Needed to buy another book, that didn't help either.

1.0 out of 5 stars really disatisfied, 2 April 2014
absolutely rubbish, it went straight in the bin, no diagrams at all so of no use to a beginner. I still don't know how to crochet.

1.0 out of 5 stars It pays to read reviews before ordering, 8 April 2014
I stupidly ordered this book without reading the previous reviews. If you have never crocheted before, don't even consider buying this book. No pictures/drawings, just text (and this may as well be in a foreign language as I can't understand a word of it!!) The author/s should be ashamed of insinuating that this is a book for beginners. Total waste of money and I will be sticking to watching Youtube tutorials which are free and far more educational than this supposed step-by-step guide :-(

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 14 Feb 2014
I'm a man but I was learned how to crochet from by wife. I have hands like shovels so it was not easy, however I mastered it and made a couple of blankets. That was many years ago and I've not had the urge again. I found the book interesting and well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 12 Feb 2014
Mrs A (Bristol uk) - See all my reviews
This was just what I needed as a memory jogger, I'm using it as a reference to rekindle an old hobby.

2.0 out of 5 stars No diagrams, 9 Feb 2014
Personally, I would have preferred some diagrams/pictures, especially as it is supposed to be a step by step guide!!!-there are plenty of other books to help you learn that have these, which make it easier, failing that; there's always you-tube!!!

How to Crochet: A Step By Step Guide to Crochet for Beginners
How to Crochet: A Step By Step Guide to Crochet for Beginners by How to Crochet (Paperback - 16 Jan 2014)