4.0 out of 5 stars excellent
Both this and "Could it be B12" provide excellent information about B12 deficiencies, although this book is simpler and easier to understand.

Published 10 months ago by D&D

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Rubbish!
Published 2 months ago by Bernadine

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 31 Jan 2014
D&D - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The B12 Deficiency Survival Handbook: Fix Your Vitamin B12 Deficiency Before Any Permanent Nerve and Brain Damage (Paperback)

Both give advice on the best one of the several forms. For me, the problem is that most, if not all, the symptoms could be those of other deficiencies, although this book does have several pages covering other diseases with similar symptoms. While it's valuable knowing that B12 can cause so many problems, it would be invaluable to know a few, or even one, very common symptom that is only caused by B12. (I guess there isn't one? Well yes, permanent nerve and/or brain damage, but that's too late!)

It's also valuable that this book stressed that we can be B12 deficient even if tests are within the normal range - that we should go by symptoms, not tests. This is one of the few books on either folate (folate is the natural form of B9, avoid folic acid, the synthetic form that can cause cancer) or B12 that warns treatment with folate can mask B12 deficiencies (best to supplement both, as the two are partners in the body).

It's also useful to know B12 is not toxic even in large dosages (unfortunately this book does not advise how much to take but 1,000mcg was mentioned in the other book), so trying it for a month is probably the best way to identify whether it can be helpful (however, according to reviews, they don't work for everyone - obviously B12 would only be helpful if you have a deficiency but sometimes not even then, if you have severe adrenal and/or thyroid problems).

This book covers all types of B12 supplements - tablets/capsules, injections, patches, sprays. I first tried sublingual B12 (5,000mcg) without seeming benefit, but that was before I was (after 20 years of being told by the NHS that my tests were "normal"!) properly diagnosed with advanced low thyroid and also adrenal deficiencies and started recovering. (Thyroid and adrenal problems are the most common health issues but doctors are not trained to know this - see stopthethyroidmadness website.) After a year of thyroid and adrenal recovery, I found that B12 eliminated some symptoms that turned out to be classic B12 deficiency ones, such as clumsy gait.

My only concerns are that neither book warns that men with pernicious anemia have a gluten problem, which is usually what causes the pernicious anemia and neither explains that methylfolate/B9 must be supplemented at the same time as B12 as the two are partners in the body.

However, also see my review on "Supplements Exposed" by Clement about the dangers of most vitamins, which are synthetic. My research identified that natural vitamins are available from Premier Research and Innate Response and Standard Process.

5.0 out of 5 stars The B12 deficiency survival handbook, 5 Mar 2014
I un

fortunately suffer from pernicious anaemia and needed to know the enemy within. So little information is available from my GP and I struggle with all the side effects of the disease. Your book answered so many questions and will give me the courage to approach my doctor for more help. I want my life back. I strongly recommend your book to all who suffer from this dreaded complaint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 13 July 2014
I have just been diagnosed with B12 and folate deficiency and a friend suggested reading this book. You have answered so many of my questions. I have been battling for years with my health, in a wheelchair because of right sided paralysis, labelled with conversion disorder, a bp of 71/40 and dropping just to name a few. I thought I'd had it and the medical profession had given up on me until a nurse practitioner suggested the B12 test and found I have pernicious anaemia, B12 deficiency. I really hope people spread the word and thankyou for writing such a simple to read book highlighting the dangers of this disorder.

5.0 out of 5 stars A mine of information - book has helped me understand ..., 20 Sep 2014
A mine of information - book has helped me understand the symptoms of B12 deficiency and how vital vitamin B12 is to every cell and organ in the body.

It is difficult to understand why the medical profession is so reluctant to prescribe and treat patients on symptoms, relying instead on flawed and unreliable tests. Consequently, people at risk, including the elderly, vegetarians and vegans, those with gastrointestinal disease, coeliac, Crohn's, etc. are not being diagnosed and the outcome for them can be dire,

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent book., 24 April 2014
This is a must-have for anyone who has symptoms of B12 deficiency. It will help you so much in getting proper treatment, which can be difficult due to the N.H.S faulty protocol , Also join the B12 deficiency helpline

5.0 out of 5 stars Every medic should be tied to a chair and forced ..., 8 Nov 2014
Every medic should be tied to a chair and forced to read this book! If only they would think beyond the current "one treatment fits all" and realise every case is unique. The book is enlightening, but has left me frustrated because there's nothing I can do to change the situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 8 May 2014
Considering this book was free it's absolutely brilliant! I have learned a great deal and with this knowledge I will be asking my doctor a lot of questions and expect answers! I am currently on 3 monthly injections but with neurological problems I should be having them every 2 months!
Recommend this book to anyone with b12 issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars an interesting read, 30 Oct 2014
Very thought provoking and factual. Not too scary. Written in easy to read and absorb language. Will help some people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pernicious aenemia, 20 April 2014
Excellent book that made me aware of the dangers of B12 deficiency without resorting to jargon. I am very happy to have had the opportunity to read it.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 30 Sep 2014