Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 December 2013
I found the first third of the first book a little hard going, then the writing suddenly warmed up. Humour crept in. So did sarcasm, a healthy use of the F word and a great line in self depreciation.

All the elements of UF were there, refreshingly and interestingly mixed into a very entertaining format.

The writing was clear and well punctuated (how rare!) and never distracted me from the story.

I loved the way all the characters were allowed to change and develop as events affected them. I grinned with delight when Mack's sneaking around caused clothing rips and chewing gum getting stuck in her hair. I delighted in the heartless power grabbing of the vampires (no teen heart throbbing here). I liked the fact that it took 3 books before the heart-mate relationship solidified, and we got to know him first, warts and all. I appreciated how small scenes built into rounded character portraits (Aubrey and Solus (sp?), complete with compassion, humour and impatience. Oh, and I want to know more about the Fae (which is a first).

Was it perfect? No. The first book took a while to settle in, and the second felt like a novella intended to fill in time between 1 and 3. But those are tiny niggles. The overall series was excellent.

Can't wait to find our where Harper goes with the next series!
on 15 February 2016
I am going to review all 5 books in this series together as I read through them all so fast I am not sure anymore where one began and another ended. I am very glad I come across these after the author had finished the series as I would have found it an excruciating wait! To say that these books were addictive is an understatement. I literally put my life on hold for a week to read them, and what an enjoyable week it was. I discovered Helen Harper about 2 months ago and am slowly working my way through everything of hers and loved all that I have read.

This series of 5 books contains everything I look for, quality writing, interesting plot, great world building and a main character to fall for (with of course an even hotter alpha male thrown in for good measure). Mack was likeable from the very first moment we met her, she took on a huge journey to discover her heritage and go from were pack member to being an outcast, then to one of the most important members of the supernatural society. I loved that we took the scenic route around the UK, from the wilds of Cornwall via Scotland to London, stopping a few places in-between. The supernatural world had everything, including the political interplay between the main groups of Fae, Were and Mages. Some things that stood out were the Were themselves, not just wolves but a whole array of animals. The vampires deserve special mention, these vampires certainly did not sparkle and to be honest were similar to what I think they would end up being if they were indeed real! I loved the friends that mack made along the way, with special mentions to Alex, Solus and Aubrey. This was indeed a roller coaster of a journey and I laughed (there was fantastic humour throughout) and cried. The ending was kind of bittersweet and possibly a little abrupt but still satisfying although I would love a peek into the future sometime. Thank you Helen Harper for a fantastic read.
on 1 October 2013
Gosh that feeling when you finish that special book and you think noooooooooooo it's over no more Mack attack. This book is wonderful and finishes the blood destiny series perfectly. Thou I would still love more........ I can't say how highly I rate these wonderful books. Please read this fab series in order. If you have read the previous books, I promise this book does not disappoint. Still funny, romantic and heartwrenching. PERFECT. Thank you Helen x
VINE VOICEon 13 December 2013
The last in a series, which I strongly recommend be read in order. Absolutely crackin' as were its predecessors. I think the synopsis tells the basis of the story clearly enough. It doesn't however mention the humour in the series, which is gently done and makes me giggle rather than guffaw. Throughout, the romance has been building and the culmination in this last book of the series is just the absolutely perfect ending. Read the series, or miss out.
on 18 October 2013
When I stumbled upon the first book I was slightly skeptical towards the fact if was far more cheaper than most books in this genre, however i am extremely happy i dove in and took the chance to give it a try. I'm not a major fan of the whole shifter/ werewolf thing but in light of reading this series am now tempted to broaden my horizons. In some aspects it is infuriating at how slow the character was at not noticing fairly obvious things about herself although i feel it did crank up the tension in wanting to wiz through the book to find out more. All in all it a great read! I personally find this as my favourite of the series and wish there was more to follow.
There were a few written mistakes here and there as well as an incorrect name "Tom" when it was meant to be another character's name but if you are really into the story you might not notice them, one can only improve meaning if this is how good the story is now then I am definitely adding the upcoming book for next year to my cannot F-ing wait list. Thank you so much for a wonderful journey, am really sad its come to an end!
on 4 October 2013
Nothing more I can say than a fantastic read, great ending to a fabulously written series from a new English author! I wish the epilogue was a bit longer as I'd have liked to read a bit more of what's happened with Mack and Corrigan - but that's a wish not a necessity to a great book. Thanks HH for fabulous read! Can't wait for the new series. X
on 27 April 2016
CONGRATULATIONS to Helen Harper on writing the best supernatural shifter/fae/mage/vampire series with a hint of necromancer & other supernatural characters thrown in for good measure! This definitely has to be my most favourite of any supernatural series I have read to date? Every single character mentioned in this series has their own unique personality & my favourite one (apart from Mack & Corrigan ( aswell as Aubrey & Sol) of course!) has got to be the hilarious Mr Slim! With a whole load of different emotions & adventures going on throughout the 5 x book series, you simply have to get the next one straight away because you need to find out what happens next?! Without giving too much away, you will have to read this series yourselves but the ending isn't quite what you expect? Fantastic end though to a brilliant series, perhaps (hopefully?!) left slightly open for a top-up, sneaky peak into the future of such an addicting & fascinating story? Absolutely loved it!! ;-) xx
on 3 October 2013
A really good finish to an amazing series. I can't beliveve that there finished. One of my favorite book series ever! The last book is still as good as the first I'm now going to reread them! Loved them all Helen is an awesome auther.
on 6 November 2013
When I first started reading this series I wasn't too keen on Mack, I found her a bit annoying & bolshy, however I got over that & as she matured I found her character more enjoyable. I found myself rooting for her against the authoritative figures in the rest of the council.

Loved Aubrey's character after he became human, very funny, especially wearing the penguin suit to keep out of the sun even tho it wasn't necessary.

Shame the series had to end, but looking forward to more from this author. One to keep an eye on. :)
on 5 October 2013
What a ending, loved this series of book. Brilliant story line, grate writing. Will look forward to your new collection of book :)