5.0 out of 5 stars Objective viewpoint.
Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't say how to trade
The book gives the basics of a trading strategy but importantly doesn't go into how to actually trade. There is a short overview of using support and resistance but not enough to call usable strategy. There are better books out there.
Published 9 months ago by silviacoban

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Objective viewpoint., 10 Jan 2014
So I'll admit. I saw this book at the Kindle price and almost wrote it off. After all. It had a low price, and all the reviews five stars. Sirens were going off in my mind, and I'd defend being circumspect given the topic. But I humbly admit that I was quite wrong. This book is VERY good. It doesn't cover the entire length and breadth of forex, but that's not what I needed. I'd got that already from the internet, but was still no closer to knowing what to do. This however presents a credible start towards trading in forex. The book contained much no nonsense advice that rang true even as I checked it against what was going on in the markets at the time. It also gave a reality check that I probably needed, and installed some hard does and don'ts that I suspect will save me many times the purchase price of this text. The book is a little prescriptive of the author's specific beliefs and approach. But those beliefs appear founded on insightful and thought through principles, which are clearly derived from a long term objective study of real world trading. Before buying I researched the author, and signed up for one of their webinars, which was free, practical and immensely useful. There's precious little objective and truthful literature on this subject as far as I can tell. So it'd be to your loss if you overlooked this book. I need to say that buying books on the basis of Amazon's reviews all being five stars is a flawed approach in my view. If you're buying books on a topic this riddled with poor steers, then I'd research the author carefully. I did that, liked what I saw, so I bought this book. And for its price I'm VERY pleased that I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a keeper, a refference to be used time & again., 7 Oct 2014
bought Anna's book on Volume Price Action and  was curious to see what she had written for beginners.  "Thank you for writing this brilliant book"

I've traded on and off during the past 5 years and spent shed loads on books, CDs, courses and education (a.k.a losses)
Wasted hours searching the tinter-web for the holy grail, a perfect trading method, which doesn't exist and if it does it's  certainly not being given away for 3 quid.

This book is packed full of help and information for novice traders and the rest of us still looking for consistency in our trading results.
Chapter 13 has some of the best and most practical advice I've  ever read.

Ive reloaded MT4 feeling confident, invigorated, and armed with ideas/methods for quantify risk, controlling  emotions, The Currency Matrix ... Priceless for any body just beginning a journey into FX trading.

It's the best book I've read on trading and the only motive I can see for Mrs C having written it. is a genuine desire to educate and help would be traders from loosing their shirts.
A big thank you and 5 stars doesn't do it justice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for beginners!, 18 Dec 2013
What an amazing book! For anyone who is considering getting into the world of Forex than this book is a great starting point to get you on the right track. It's step by step guide, very easy to read language and in-depth analysis is just some of the things that make this book what it is.

I have just opened a demo account to get myself familiar with the MT4 platform, and already doing well.

One thing i would like to ask the author is, after reading this book shall i move straight on to A Complete Guide To Volume Price Analysis? as im buzzing to read what else i can learn or would you think i would need to familiarize myself more with the MT4 platform etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars I highly recommend Forex For Beginners, 23 Nov 2013
D. A. jones - See all my reviews
Although I'm only half way through the book ,I've found it really easy to read and understand, very simply written in every day language ,perfect for beginners and pointing out the pitfalls as it goes along. I highly recommend it for beginners and those who have traded not only in forex but all types of financial trading and have not done so well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't say how to trade, 21 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, concise with no hype, 23 Oct 2014
I loved this book. Written in an easy to understand way using every day experiences we can all relate too. Many books on these kind of subjects contain a lot of hype. This one doesn't, it tells it as it is and makes it plain that if you want to succeed, you have to put in some hard work. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is thinking of trading in the Forex market.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic content and value for money, punctuation needs work., 28 Oct 2014
Excellent informative content for a beginner like me. Has dispelled a lot of myths and answered a lot of questions I had whilst explaining things using easy to understand terms and analogies. Its one downfall is Anna's serious over-use of the comma, which makes for disjointed reading virtually throughout. Almost every other sentence has at least one unnecessary comma, although it's not difficult to adjust and scan past these after a while and it doesn't detract from the great content. All in all well worth the purchase - it's expanded my knowledge immensely but, Anna, please learn how to use commas properly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 May 2014
An excellent, clearly written and very informative book.
I highly recommend this book for beginners and, in fact,
all traders who haven't yet had success in Forex

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Jan 2014
Excellent read and very helpful I couldn't put the book down looking forward to the next book volume price analysis

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete and clear, 5 Jan 2014
There are many books purporting to provide an introduction to FX and the financial markets. I have read many of them!
This one is the real deal.
I thoroughly recommend to anyone starting off or thinking about it, and to others ,like me, who still have a lot to learn.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Forex For Beginners
Forex For Beginners by Anna Coulling (Paperback - 20 Dec 2013)