5.0 out of 5 stars Objective viewpoint.
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't say how to trade
The book gives the basics of a trading strategy but importantly doesn't go into how to actually trade. There is a short overview of using support and resistance but not enough to call usable strategy. There are better books out there.
Published 4 months ago by silviacoban

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Objective viewpoint., 10 Jan 2014
So I'll admit. I saw this book at the Kindle price and almost wrote it off. After all. It had a low price, and all the reviews five stars. Sirens were going off in my mind, and I'd defend being circumspect given the topic. But I humbly admit that I was quite wrong. This book is VERY good. It doesn't cover the entire length and breadth of forex, but that's not what I needed. I'd got that already from the internet, but was still no closer to knowing what to do. This however presents a credible start towards trading in forex. The book contained much no nonsense advice that rang true even as I checked it against what was going on in the markets at the time. It also gave a reality check that I probably needed, and installed some hard does and don'ts that I suspect will save me many times the purchase price of this text. The book is a little prescriptive of the author's specific beliefs and approach. But those beliefs appear founded on insightful and thought through principles, which are clearly derived from a long term objective study of real world trading. Before buying I researched the author, and signed up for one of their webinars, which was free, practical and immensely useful. There's precious little objective and truthful literature on this subject as far as I can tell. So it'd be to your loss if you overlooked this book. I need to say that buying books on the basis of Amazon's reviews all being five stars is a flawed approach in my view. If you're buying books on a topic this riddled with poor steers, then I'd research the author carefully. I did that, liked what I saw, so I bought this book. And for its price I'm VERY pleased that I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars I highly recommend Forex For Beginners, 23 Nov 2013
D. A. jones - See all my reviews
Although I'm only half way through the book ,I've found it really easy to read and understand, very simply written in every day language ,perfect for beginners and pointing out the pitfalls as it goes along. I highly recommend it for beginners and those who have traded not only in forex but all types of financial trading and have not done so well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't say how to trade, 21 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 May 2014
An excellent, clearly written and very informative book.
I highly recommend this book for beginners and, in fact,
all traders who haven't yet had success in Forex

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Jan 2014
Excellent read and very helpful I couldn't put the book down looking forward to the next book volume price analysis

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete and clear, 5 Jan 2014
There are many books purporting to provide an introduction to FX and the financial markets. I have read many of them!
This one is the real deal.
I thoroughly recommend to anyone starting off or thinking about it, and to others ,like me, who still have a lot to learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality information conveyed in a rational and easily understood manner, 22 July 2014
Top quality information conveyed in a rational and easily understood manner. I feel I can trust what Anna Coulling is teaching much more than most of the supposed gurus who charge massive amounts for courses.

Because this introductory book is so good, I will be purchasing at least one more of the author's other Forex books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 10 July 2014
Good read ans great diagrams would definetly reccomed for any trader looking to do forex.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful book that makes a lot of sense., 11 Jun 2014
I found this book (the second I've read on forex) to be *very* helpful and written in a way that helps the reader understand very well! I just finished it earlier today. There's a section or two I'd like to come back to, such as the recommendations for which currency pairs to trade as a beginner, but I feel that with taking the time to ingest, this book is superb information.

The chapter rooted in evolutionary biology isn't to my taste (I don't have that world view), and I reckon there is such a place as "desire for profit" and "desire for reserve" that isn't rooted in "greed" or "fear", which I feel the author tended to reduce things to. Though I understand of course that they would be very present in the market as a whole.

On the economics front, I'm a novice in understanding, but I had read elsewhere (in a piece in the direction of Austrian economics) that the unpegging the currency from gold standard in the 70s wasn't for the sake of the direction of a natural free market, but an expedient necessary so that government debts, incurred through policies of central bank market-manipulation, could be eased.

But, those things aside, what a helpful book by someone very knowledgeable and experienced, sharing that information in a very readable way, at a bargain price, the content of which indeed makes logical sense.

If I now make the move to trading for real, I feel I have read the best book I could on the subject, and have learned many things; not just reading charts, but what you're doing, what others are doing, and why. Next, it will be a case of learning to apply that knowledge wisely, getting the feel for putting it into practice with more and greater proficiency.

I just need to know which is Anna's recommendation for best ECN platform for beginners without much capital, wishing to start with long-term trading. A question I wouldn't have know what it meant or why I was asking it before, so wouldn't have been asking it. :)

Thank you, Anna, for your book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 15 Mar 2014
Thanks for an excellent book very well written on FOREX I have been dabbling with the idea for some time and you have inspired me to go for it.
I live in Croydon and intend to meet you at next month's meeting work commitment allowing.
I have j
ust starting book two.
Well done

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Forex For Beginners
Forex For Beginners by Anna Coulling (Paperback - 20 Dec 2013)
15.77