Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 February 2012
I really loved this book which provides advice on how to dress well, and generally present yourself well so you always look good. Some of the tips we probably know already (but it's still good to be reminded of them) such as the danger of buying things in the sales, and some are new and putting them into practice is something I'm going to be doing from now on. Wearing a limited palate of colours - yes it is so much more chic. Clear nail varnish - yes I've taken off my coloured stuff. Getting into and out of a car as described in the book - how much more elegant. I really liked this book and recommend it. Now I just have to get my daughter to read it. I'm looking forward to the next one.
on 10 January 2014
As a more mature woman who has always been interested in dressing well this book has been a good reminder of what creates a more elegant look. A few photographs would have enhanced the good tips throughout.
on 1 January 2013
Really good and will be a super reference book.

I identified my body shape and took lots of notes to put into action.

I would recommend this book to any woman wanting to achieve elegance with limited time and resources as well.
on 20 November 2013
This book is full of good tips and is fun to read. The author makes her point and moves on keeping it interesting.
on 8 January 2013
Great read...perfect for those who need a little guidance in the right direction. If you're never sure what to wear, how to wear it or always make compulsive buying mistakes then buy this and have it as your bible before you buy any more!
on 14 November 2012
I consider myself to be a well groomed woman in my mid forties. I would never leave the house without my make-up and my hair styled. But I did learn a few tips from this book and found it an entertaining read.
on 21 July 2013
I loved this book! Great tips how to do shopping for clothes,and I did feel like I had learnt something on the end. Delightful read.
on 22 January 2014
I have always admired the elegance and style of French women so thought I'd try and get some tips.
It's a short but amusing read and reminds us to look after ourselves and remember, we are ladies after all.
on 6 December 2013
Lots of good advise.. Basically less is more, an quality triumphs over quality every time... A good book if you want to upgrade your fashion sense
on 27 January 2014
I bought this book looking for a little help especially as most French women are more elegant than those in the UK. However, if you haven't learned these meagre tips by the age of fourteen, this book will never help you. Read a fashion magazine if you want to improve your look.