Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 August 2014
Loved this so much I have been reading excerpts of the unpublished 2nd book on the authors website. Imaginative, thoughtful and interesting. I am hooked.
on 6 December 2013
Another fantastic story, beautifully written, just the right amount of suspense and magic. Just need book 2 to keep the happiness going.
on 12 December 2013
Having already read this as it was being written on their website, i'm already so in love with it i can't see straight. It is an example of more fantastic writing by the couple and evidence of wonderful dedication to their readers. i had to have it.
on 9 December 2013
Ilona Andrews has created another excellent urban fantasy series with great characters and story line. Hope there will be more to the series.
on 29 October 2014
As a huge fan of Ilona Andrews’ Kate Daniels urban fantasy series, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book. It helped that I had already read and loved the parts of this novel they posted on their blog back when Clean Sweep was a free serial story, so I knew it would be good. I was lucky enough to be given an ARC of Clean Sweep when I saw that they were looking for readers, and am very glad I had the chance to read this story in it’s entirety, in one book.

Dina was the main character. I really liked her, since she was compassionate, resourceful, and very brave. I felt sorry for her because of her parents’ disappearance and her inability to find them, but the fact that she got back on her feet and started her own inn was something that made me admire her even more. I never thought she was annoying, and even when she had weak moments, I fully understood them. I loved that she stood up to people when she had to, and I had a lot of fun following her through this book.

The side characters in this book were mysteries, and mostly remained that way. I have to admit to liking Sean the best, though. He was arrogant, but I could tell that he really came to care about Dina. Plus, it was kind of interesting that Dina had to teach him some things about himself. Arland never grew on me, but I did like that he ended up being loyal, and doing the things that he needed to do. I thought that Sean, Arland, and Dina ended up making an interesting team, even with all of the personality clashes.

The plot of this story was really interesting. It started off with dogs being killed, and Dina wanting to try and stop it from happening. From there, the story turned into an intriguing mystery, with an otherworldly element. As this was a short novel, things happened pretty quickly, but I was definitely satisfied with how the story was told.

Overall, I really liked this book. It was a quick, easy read with a likable heroine and an interesting side cast. The mystery was interesting, and I loved the bits and pieces of world-building that was created in this book. With how this story ended, I am definitely looking forward to the sequel coming in 2014. ~Brianna

*I received a copy of this book from the author, in exchange for my honest review.*
on 10 October 2014
It's so nice to read a story with a different and new setting this was a pleasure something original. I hope to read more of this series. Thank you for adding variety into my rather large library.
on 3 January 2014
I hope this is introducing start of a new series from the Andrews writing team. As always, a good story and characterisation - more please.
Only rated it 4 stars because it was too short!
on 23 July 2015
I really enjoyed this book and I am waiting for the next one. The heroine is likable and the rest of the storyline runs well. Ilona Andrews is a good story teller, would recommend this book
on 28 March 2014
I loved this story. I am a big fan of the Kate Daniels series but they don't come out quick enough to satisfy the cravings. This was a great premise and I hope that there are more to follow.
on 5 December 2013
Fantastic book, amazing storyline.
Even though it was serialised on Ilona Andrews website, it is worth every penny buying the book.

Just got to ask, when is book 2 out?