Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 November 2014
A decent enough list of commands/scripts for use in penetration testing with short descriptions. This is a slightly more terse version of the sort of notes most penetration testers will have already and I added a couple of these in to my own notes so it was worth the cost for that alone.

There are a couple of mistakes in the printed commands and some command under the wrong header but it adds to the fun when running through them all and scribbling in more notes!
on 16 May 2014
Covers the basics without any fluff, and I doubt even veteran testers won't find at least one gem or 'ooh, I'd forgot about that' moment in the book. Recommended for anyone in infosec (or sys admin, or net admin, or....)
on 14 January 2016
I bought this for a quick reference guide to commands that have been floating around in my head for years. Unfortunately, I find myself taking longer to dredge them up when I need them! I did have notes stored in various devices and even hard copies, but trying to remember which and where was always going to be a chore.

So the best solution all round was to simply spend less than five pounds and get it all compiled and stored in one place. I even found out some great new stuff to play with.

As others have said, this is just a listing without any narrative.

I always thought RTFM stood for something else... Read The F***ing Manual ;)
on 28 March 2014
First of all, wow!
It is definitely the best book for quick references and help you out with specific commands when needed!
This is excellent, no bad points whatsoever! I would buy it 3 times over due to the price.
on 16 July 2014
The most legit book i have ever got, so much infomation in this book its crazy.
Best reference book you can have when no internet about.
on 5 June 2015
Amazing little book! The quality of printing is not the best but is enough por the type of book.
Is not a book for learning as many other reviews I read but is a book to have all little syntax commands that any IT guy should know but will not memorize!
on 15 June 2015
Probably the only Amazon suggested item that I've bought and I'm not disappointed; RTFM is an impressive collection of code that is a superb compliment to your "go to" reference books.
on 1 July 2015
Contains some sloppy errors: careless. And the type of ink on the cover is awful for people like me, who are almost allergic to nails on the chalkboard. Brr.

That said, this does contain useful and practical recipes for pentesters and tinkerers in the field. Features Linux, BSD, Windows and cisco examples. If you want the examples without the explanations this is the right book for you.
on 17 March 2015
Really just a bunch of commands listed in a small book, if you want that you might have fun trying them ... less than what I expected.
on 1 July 2015
Not even the reviews properly prepared me for what arrived in the mail today. Basically an intro-less, no nonsense 81 pages of memos, cheat sheets and info that replaces 15 pdfs with one pocket sized guide. I'm finding stuff useful for fields outside of pen-testing and cyber resilience.
I honestly recommend this to anyone from Web programmers to sys admins. Just don't expect hand holding or explanations. Understanding is the reader's job, reminding is the book's.