5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, informative - get it!
Wow! Personally I do not have to worry about a Gluten-free diet and have never really considered a Paleo Diet alternative. Being an archaeologist I certainly understand the Neolithic revolutionary change from a hunter-gatherer lifestyle to farming. However, to look at it in this way is new to me and I found the book helpful on so many counts.

First, it has...
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes but no photos
This book has some great recipes in it which as a coeliac is wonderful as it means I know I can have everything in here .... but it lost two stars from me for the lack of photos ...I like to visulise.
Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, informative - get it!, 25 Oct 2012

First, it has an excellent guide, with many tips, for using a slow-cooker to its best advantage. Secondly, the recipes sound wonderful. Thirdly, we find new ways of using our slow-cookers (e.g. for Bread, Cakes & Drinks).

On top of all that Amelia (the author) provides links to other useful resources.

Without doubt, this is a book well worth buying and reading!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes but no photos, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Paleo Slow Cooker (Large Print Edition): Simple and Healthy Gluten Free Recipes (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring recipes and delicious meals!, 16 May 2013
An easy to read and enjoyable book, with some fantastic recipes! In particular: the curried lamb with sweet potatoes, chicken fajitas and, my current favourite, cauliflower mash (absolutely delicious - and who knew you could make side dishes in a slow, such a revelation!) You can even make bread in your slow cooker! A recommended addition to any paleo kitchen!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nom Nom, 18 Dec 2012
So far I have tried 3 recipes, all of which have been absolutely delicious. Big hits with the family and the recipes are large enough to provide extra meals for the freezer.

Although this is a book of Paleo recipes the recipes I've tried are also suitable for those following a clean eating plan.

Would definitely recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 21 Oct 2013
The book content is great but I don't think it works well on kindle. I would prefer to see pictures with recipe together.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 17 Dec 2012
Some great and easy ideas. Even those who do not need to watch their diet would find these recipes useful and delicious

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipies, 1 Nov 2012
Although this book is relatively short it contains many recipies which I will use. I have never really got on with my slow cooker - the results with either to dry, or to liquidy - but am now inspired to get it out and try these delicious sounding recipies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great resource from Amelia, 29 Oct 2012
This book is stuffed full of great recipes and great hints and tips on how to slow cook your food. A great resource for busy parents with hungry mouths to feed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow cooker, wonderful recipes, a complete no grainer!, 27 Oct 2012
Mrs. Galina Imrie (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I was browsing the Internet for "gluten-free", and this little book popped up. I am not a big fan of cookbooks, but thought I would give it a try, to get an idea or two for something different and not involving processed grains. The first thing I liked was the slow-cooking method and the fact that you can program the whole dinner and come back home to a cooked meal. The second thing was that everything Amelia Simons mentions in her recipes can be bought anywhere in the word. Not sure about cranberry bread, but loved the side dishes, especially spicy carrots for grown-ups, the very first thing I am going to try!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally New Recipes in the Cave, 8 Sep 2012
This is a great recipe book. I love the engaging writing style with a nice pinch of humor. Very intriguing. Following the Paleo lifestyle has helped me gaining my health back. You come to a point though when you feel you are preparing always the same dishes and cooking gets a little boring after a while. I was so happy when I stumbled across this book as it has tons of nice new recipes to try out and also comes up with new ways of preparing dishes. Another plus is that only the best ingredients are used such as coconut oil which is proven to have many health benefits and is currently even used to reverse Alzheimer's. I love the Sweet Lasagna recipe. What a great idea! That will be surely become one of my new favorite dishes. Thank you so much for adding more variety to my cooking. 5 out of 5 well deserved, as it is a great recipe book for Paleo newbies and veterans.

Paleo Slow Cooker (Large Print Edition): Simple and Healthy Gluten Free Recipes