5.0 out of 5 stars It made me cry and can't wait for the sequel
Published 7 months ago by Chris

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what to say about this book.
Published 5 months ago by Jax

5.0 out of 5 stars It made me cry and can't wait for the sequel, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Wrecked (Paperback)
It's funny to say you love a book that made you cry but in the story of Lorrie and Hunter it is so well written and you get so drawn into the story that you really feel their pain. Lorrie and Hunter are two wounded souls who find in each other relief from the suffering but they won't share with each other about what they are going through, yes it's full of angst but the way it's written is always that yes, you one day will reach the top of the hill, neither Lorrie or a Hunter are giving up and we are there cheering them on and giving them advice, along with Gary, Daniela and of course the kittens Taylor and Rampage. Can't wait to see how their story concludes, next year, not sure I can wait that long.

I received a free copy for an honest review

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what to say about this book., 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wrecked (Kindle Edition)
I really liked this story until they got together then it all got very cheesy very quickly,far too much sex in too short a space of time to make it even remotely believable! Once we went back to the story I started liking it again, but was totally blindsided by Hunter 's reason for being broken, it was handled well and sensitively but not something I would have read through choice being in his situation myself. Maybe something should be mentioned in the blurb as it made it an uncomfortable book for me to read, some thing's you just don't need to read. Sorry.

2.0 out of 5 stars Clunky writing - Sorry!, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wrecked (Kindle Edition)
I found the story really clunky. I can see where it was trying to go, but the dialogue and description is just so robotic. Almost like a screen play. Really could have done the story much better justice than she has.

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting idea, didn't quite make it to the page, got a bit lost in itself., 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wrecked (Kindle Edition)
When I read the blurb I thought this was going to be a really great read, I was wrong. I thought the concept was really good but the execution of the story was lacking.

At first I thought Lorrie was a sweet girl who had had a bit of a crappy life so far but then she kept flipping out over nothing. She wanted Hunter to only be her friend but when she found out that he was hooking up with other girls she played the role of a jealous girlfriend. She didn't want to tell him anything about herself but she wanted to know more about him.

The constant reference to how sculpted his muscles were and how gorgeous he was, I found irritating. Her mood swings and paranoia made me dislike her too. When she kept getting upset over people talking about her and when she thought they were talking about her too was over the top.

Hunter seemed like a decent enough guy, he was upfront with her about his exploits, how he didn't kiss and tell and I liked that he was honest with her.

I think this would have been a better book if it hadn't taken so long to get Lorrie and Hunter together, if Lorrie wasn't constantly taking out her sketch book and Hunter's backstory was more integrated into the book instead of left until the very end. It felt more like a foot note when it could have been made into much more.

I think the author could have made more of the romance and Hunter's story and still ended it as she did without ruining the chance to do a follow-on.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissatisfied, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wrecked (Kindle Edition)
The main character comes across neurotic, selfish, immature and just overall, annoying! This plot had so much potential. The male lead could have had more of a story if the female lead stopped moaning.

I didn't dislike it enough to stop reading, but I certainly skimmed some parts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking....., 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Wrecked (Kindle Edition)
I love this story.... two damaged souls, trying to fix themselves and each other. Can't wait to read the next installment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great summer reading, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Wrecked (Kindle Edition)
Wow........ Couldn't put it down. Very enjoyable if you're looking for an easy read. You'll love the character Hunter and if you don't.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Wrecked (Kindle Edition)
My new favourite author. So gritty and sexy without being in your face. I didn't think I would like it as i've read a few college guy / fighter / jealous ex type stories, but this was something else. My only critisism is dragging out the 'reveal' at the end, I ended up skipping pages just to see if Hunter would get to tell Lorrie before she left.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy xoxo, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Wrecked (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant book defiantly worth buying lorry and Hunter make a great couple and the story line is fab will she won't see it kept me hooked xx

3.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to like it more than I did, 21 Feb 2014
Deborah - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I received an ARC copy of this book from Netgalley
Some reviews have likened this book to Beautiful Disaster and yes there are a lot of similarities, troubled MMA college fighter, tattooed and uses women for sex is attracted to girl with issues of her own who's also attracted to him, well she'd have to be blind not to be, at her request they decide to be friends. Yes all of this is Beautiful Disaster which isn't a bad thing since I loved that book and it's a good start, but I really did want to love this book and I just didn't. The main problem for me was Lorrie, most of the book is her POV so it's easy to became a little self involved and I know she's been through so much and she comes with a ton of baggage but, and I know this is going to sound awful before I say it but she got on my nerves, firstly with her lets be friends, which I understood she's got enough going on without the stress of a relationship but the jealousy and the way she treats him it was, for me too much. Then later on, when again I know she has things falling all around her but she can't see past herself. I also wasn't happy with Hunters secret it wasn't what I expected or wanted.
So, I loved Hunter but I wasn't too keen on Lorrie it's a shame so much of the book was from her POV and I really did want to like this book more.

Wrecked
Wrecked by Priscilla West (Paperback - 11 Dec 2013)
6.73