‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Enduring Classic, 27 July 2013
I have known this classic for some years. It has always proved a clear and immense help in my Christian journey. I bought it as I needed a new one. People coming to it new would, in my opinion, find it a growing treasure, one of those kept on the bookshelf but taken down frequently for further reading. The Pursuit of God is not a book to skim through and think you know it. This book is for you if you really want to learn, but is not 'heavy' reading. There are more academic approaches to the subject. This is approachable and enjoyable for all of us. I would certainly recommend it to anyone interested in the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep but wonderful, 14 Jun 2014
Mrs. L. Niblock (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I have written a review on The Utter Relief of Holiness by John Eldridge (which was amazing). That book led me to this one, I can't exactly remember but I think John Eldridge quoted from it. Anyway, this is a fantastic book. It has a different angle on holiness to the other but still equally valid and helps with a different perspective. I have learnt so much from reading both of these. From them I went on to read "The Me I want to be" by John Ortberg and it is so strange how three different books can give you different views but still all be so right and valid. They have all helped in enabling me to draw closer to God and set about giving great practical ways to help get a deeper relationship with Him. Buy it you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 30 Jan 2014
The more we realise that God pursued us first the more we understand his grace knows no end and we can stop getting hung up on our failures and concentrate on running after him not letting the devil stop us through guilt or shame, just focusing on the leading of the Holy spirit and running the race

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guidance, 22 Feb 2014
Great book, very clear and easy to follow. Gives guidance and instruction with examples to highlight the main points. Some areas are personally challenging - overall a fantastic tool for personal growth and reflection

5.0 out of 5 stars Meat for the seeking soul, 16 Jan 2014
An excellent read. Small chapters to allow reflection and meditation over each one. I really feed on Tozer's writings. Always pointing to our Living Christ.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 July 2014
A W Tozer is a favourite author of mine. His biblical teaching is much needed for today's world.

4.0 out of 5 stars Indepth knowledge, 28 May 2014
It's amazing the points brought to light by Tozer. I see my self reading it again and again. Although some points were a bit off for me, I still love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Inspiration, 17 May 2014
This book is very inspiring and has tried to tell the Gospel Truth quite objectively with neither fear nor favor of any particular sect. One needs to retire into some quiet reflection of the facts presented in this book, to absorb it's full benefit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walk more closely with God, 3 April 2014
Excellent book, written by a man who clearly knew and walked in the presence of God. Full of anointed observations about developing a life lived with God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of passion, priority and joy, 27 Mar 2014
E (Reading, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
a must read! It figures in my top 20 books and puts all the emphasis on God as our purpose and life, rather than on self absorption, which is a killer.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Pursuit of God
The Pursuit of God by A. W. Tozer (Paperback - 14 Nov 2013)