Format: PaperbackChange

on 2 January 2014
I love this book...in some parts of the book it is very funny. Diary :) of an Almost cool Girl is a great book for ages 8-12 years of age. I rated this book 5 star because it is funny, exiting, it shows her feelings well and it is a book were you can't stop reading it. I am ten years old and I loved it. I do not think there is any thing to dislike about the book. I would recommend this book to any girl who loves a laugh. Go one, you know you want to get it!!!! x
on 2 January 2014
I liked this story because I enjoyed reading the DIARY as it was all about how Madonna saw the world. There were some funny parts Which made me laugh and there was a few worrying moments which made me want to read more to find out what would happen next. I recommend this for girls aged 8/9 years .
on 12 July 2013
I loved this book I couldn't put it down!
I'd recommend bit to girls 9-12.
BUY IT NOW !!!!!!!!
Great fun!
on 8 March 2014
My 9-year-old daughter thoroughly enjoyed the story and was sad when it ended. She'd give it 5 stars.
However, I was reading it to her as her bedtime story, and it drove me crazy. The tense shifts from past to present like crazy, often mid-sentence, and as a bit of a pedant I found this infuriating and hard work to try to correct on the fly, so I've taken off 2.
Maybe it was a deliberate device by the author to capture the voice of a child, but I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet that writing for children should teach them correct English, not reinforce their bad habits (unless it's done with genius, like Molesworth).
on 26 November 2013
Really good book totally werth reading!!! Love this book hope to read loads more B Campbell books!!!!! I totally recommend this book to the whole world this is an book anyone could read!!!!!!!!! AMAZINGLY AWESOME best book EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So sweet and loving especially when Mr TDH and Madonna where in (LOVE)!!!!!? And the zoo isn't the most romantices place in the world!!!!!!!!
on 27 December 2013
If you are thinking of buying this book I would like to say that you must it is a brilliant book ,extremely well written and absolutely hilarious!!!!!!!!!
on 26 August 2013
I would recommend this book to children the age of 8 - 13.
My favourite part was when Madonna and her 2 other friends got to go to the water theme park.
The funniest parts were when Madonna and her 2 friends did the cooking wrong and also when Madonna and Gretel were in science and they got the teachers hair on fire and she didn't know and they still did something about it. The most embarrassing part for me would have been the Dora the explorer knickers incident. This is an amazing book. It is hilarious and funny but you can't guess what's coming. I really loved and enjoyed this book and I WILL read it loads more times.
on 15 August 2013
It wasn't as good as all the comments said like 'it was hilarious' I didn't find it that funny and I thought that the poor girl was very unfortunate, I wouldn't recommend it for someone who was looking for a long interesting book. I was expecting this book to be better as everyone else's comment said that they couldn't stop laughing. I am sorry to give this book a bad review the things wouldn't happen all in the short amount of time! Sorry :(
on 21 February 2015
This book is a really good and it explains that if you are totally stupid you can still take part in things your friends can do and you are different and skillful in a way.diary of an almost cool girl is great and it is super inspirational to people that feel stupid and dumb compared to their friends. It also helps you understand that nobody is perfect and everyone is weird in their own kind of way .
on 14 April 2014
DD#1: I really enjoyed it because it was so funny! She was very funny! This is extremely very funny :-)

#:-)

DD#2: It is so extremely funny that I'm still laughing 5 minutes after I started reading it! Some parts of it aren't suitable for young children (the part where Madonna picks up a ring of poo in the swimming pool in a race!).

# EPIC & AWESOMELY FUNNY