5.0 out of 5 stars Back for more...
Published 9 months ago by Liz

2.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected
Published 7 months ago by CassieS

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: 2014 Create Your Amazing Year in Life & Business Workbook (Paperback)
I have given this workbook 2 stars rather than 1 because perhaps I have myself to blame for buying it. I saw the word "business" (and the cover) and assumed incorrectly that this workbook was, at least partly, aimed at female professionals wanting to invigorate their business and reassess finances, attitudes, etc. Had I reviewed the "About the author" comments about "gifted goddess" and "goddess woman" in more detail I would have realised this was not for me. It seems that some people have got a lot out of this book from reading the reviews but I was looking for something very different. The writer has pages of boxes with space to fill in with, for example, your own inspirational mottos or a description of your "dreamiest day that you would love to happen this year." I think that the "Look inside" option needs to have more pages to view especially as the price tag is very high (15.38) to ensure that the buyer knows what they are getting.
I'm sure this workbook is helpful to some people but the product description needs to make its target audience more clear to minimise disappointment. But hey, it's a "Yearly Bestseller" so who knows?

5.0 out of 5 stars Back for more..., 30 Nov 2013
My second year using these workbooks. I absolutely love them ... feels so wonderful to take a step out of the craziness and make some focused, intentional plans for the upcoming year. I was so excited to see that there is a printed version this year, and am thrilled with the quality of the book ... it arrived today, super-fast delivery, and is just luscious to look at, my very own brand new colouring book. I can't wait to settle down & get started on it later on.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for getting you to set goals, but very short on creating the change, 12 Jan 2014
This colourful book is beautifully created.

It is effectively two workbooks in one - with a good amount of repetition - one for your life (about 60 pages) and one for your business (about 35 pages).

Both workbooks begin with a review of 2013, with a closing and releasing ceremony.

The author then prompts you to ask yourself questions to help you figure out what you want from the coming year. Some of these questions are insightful, others are more along the lines of 'which movies you would like to see'.

Once you have set your goals, there is almost nothing about 'what's next'.

The first page of the book starts with the headline: "Warning! This workbook creates change" and the sales page promises that "The Create Your Amazing Year In Life + Biz workbooks will turn your New Year's resolutions from faded-out forgotten wishes in a month's time into actual dreams come true." I disagree.

This workbook helps you to set your 2014 goals, in a funky and colourful way. It doesn't help you to actually create the change.

We all know that people can set goals - that's why we all love New Year's Resolutions so much!

The challenge comes in actually making those changes - and that's where this book falls really short. It contains 2 pages (about 300 words) on creating habits, plus a link to a video on how to create your to do list for your goals, but that's about it, apart from the odd paragraph.

It helps you create the ideas for an inspirational 2014, but doesn't address anything to do with how to make those changes in your life. Anyone can set some enticing goals, but it's actually implementing them that creates the change - and that's where most of us need the 'how'.

The only suggestion of 'how to' comes in the form of a 8 page advert (out of only 116 pages) at the back of the book for the author's 500 dollar 'Amazing life and biz academy' programme and affiliate scheme.

I have to admit that I found the super-large-font text and the overly-colourful pictures a bit child-like and patronising (my issue, I know, especially given how many people love this book!).

I found the process of sitting down and deciding what I want to create for 2014 helpful - hence the 2 stars - but I strongly felt that the promise that the workbook would create change was not delivered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make 2014 Your Most Amazing Year Yet, 29 Nov 2013
After reading about the Create Your Incredible Year business and life workbooks, I finally invested in them last year. I loved them so much that I signed up for Leonie's Amazing Biz + Life Academy less than a month later, because the workbooks made it so clear to me that I could get even more out of an Academy membership.

Before I started using the workbooks, I had an idea of what I wanted to accomplish in 2013, but going through the workbooks made everything so much more clear. I love how there are two workbooks, for both business and life, because I often forget to plan the things I want to do in my personal life, and focus only on my business. Using the workbooks helped me connect with myself and with what I wanted to experience in 2013. They helped provide me with the clarity to understand exactly what it was that I wanted.

The biggest shift that I wanted to experience with my business this year was to focus more on creating online courses that people could download and work through on their own, rather than doing full time done-for-you client services. And that has happened, greatly in part because the workbooks really helped me tap into what I wanted to experience in my year.

On the personal side of things, the part that I most enjoyed and used in the personal planner was the list of 100 things to do in 2013. I was constantly highlighting the things I completed, or whiting things out to replace them as my interests and needs shifted throughout the year. Looking back, this list has really helped me focus more on the things I want to do outside of my business.

The three biggest differences these workbooks have made to my life are: a space to dream, a clear understanding of what I wanted to get out of my year, and an easy way to look back on my plans so I can check in throughout the year. These workbooks are so wonderful to work through and they're so inexpensive that buying them is really a no-brainer for me. I can't believe I waited until last year to get started.

I just purchased the 2014 edition here on Amazon, and can't wait to get started. This is a fun and useful investment in my business and life. I now have a clear vision of what I want and how to make it happen.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit child like but found it useful to review my year!, 28 Dec 2013
I found the workbook quite childlike in colour and format but found it useful to look back on my year and to plan for 2014.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it & change your year!, 7 Dec 2013
Leonie's amazing year workbooks are just wonderful. I have been using them for several years now. I love the focus and clarity it gives me for the year. I keep going back over it throughout the year & it holds me accountable. Buy one for a friend too while you are about it. My mate & I meet up each week to keep on track with our dreams. So brilliant. Just get it, alright! It might just change your year!

1.0 out of 5 stars overpriced rubbish, 22 Jan 2014
Well someone is certainly creating an amazing year in 2014 if they manage to sell a load of these books! Was really excited about getting this book but very disappointed when I did. Apart from about 2 pages it is not worth the money and I have sent it straight back - if you want to vomit directly into your cereal in the morning this is the book for you!!

1.0 out of 5 stars A real chore!, 21 Jun 2014
I was so looking forward to having something where I could reflect upon what had happened in the last year and then think on things to focus on for the coming year but after doing a few of the exercises and having to come up with loads of examples I found it a real chore. It actually had the opposite effect and made me feel negative as in some of the exercises I could only think of one or two things to list but the book requires you to come up with a lot of things to list. I didn't even like the sloppy typeface/font and the graphics and artwork which looked equally as sloppy and unattractive. I gave up with the book in the end and felt very dejected at giving up on it which was totally the opposite of how I wanted to feel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make 2014 your best year to date with this workbook!, 29 Nov 2013
Beautiful, colourful, easy to complete and life changing stuff is contained in this workbook. I have achieved so much because of it in 2013, including my incredible wildest dream of walking 500 miles to Santiago de Compostellae, which I did in April, all because I wrote it down in this lovely booklet. If you want to have a great 2014 and get shiz done then make this investment.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just a useless gimmic, 25 Jun 2014
I admire Leonie Dawson for her attempts to help the world but I just don't like this book.

Frankly, if you don't have the initiative to make a book like this yourself then you probably shouldn't really be in business. This is more of a self-help book for the deeply depressed female who likes pretty pictures and has no clue whatsover about what she wants to do with her life...Is Leonie Dawson possibly one of those very people? Only time will tell.

Buy it if you like pretty pictures - otherwise draw them yourself and make a book like it on your own time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2014 Create Your Amazing Year in Life & Business Workbook
2014 Create Your Amazing Year in Life & Business Workbook by Leonie Dawson (Paperback - 24 Nov 2013)
Used & New from: 33.83