5.0 out of 5 stars great read
Wow this was another great read by cynthia eden, I cant get enough of her books.

Claire and noahs relationship takes off early on in the story and is pretty steamy. Someone from claires past is killing and framing her and noah is trying to do everything in his power to keep her safe, safe from her past and the police.

Again the author keeps you...
Published 7 months ago by mari

This is the third book in the Mine series, and whilst I read book one, but skipped book 2 (where I think this couple must have met), this was fine to read as a standalone.

Published 9 months ago by ROROBLU'S MUM

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5*. A decent read, but with (an) obvious baddie/s, a bit of a plot-hole, the standard red herring and a loose end..., 21 Oct 2013
ROROBLU'S MUM "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

The tale pretty much runs to exactly what the blurb says, and it isn't a bad read, but from the very first few pages, I found myself thinking that the tale reminded me a tiny bit of the beginning of the first Crossfire book (just a vague setting-similarity), and of book 1 in this series, where Skye goes to Trent for help. There wasn't much time spent on describing the leads, but that was fine as the tale had a good pace and the leads had met before.

It is fairly fast-paced and it does end with what is totally my kind of HEA, but it wasn't perfect. I've read every JD Robb book and perhaps because of that I sussed out the plot pretty quickly, sussed out the baddie/s, sussed out the red herrings in the tale, thought that Alabama cops and even DC cops must be a bit stupid not to have considered a certain very obvious possibility (come to think of it, Noah, Trent and Drake, kick-bot guys that they're meant to be, didn't even think of it) and that despite being told about a certain governor's actions, no mention was made of the latter's involvement as the tale ended, despite Noah ordering loose ends to be dealt with.

The sex was hot and graphic, as in the Crossfire novels, and in line with book 1, but at the same time it sort of felt mechanical and not very spontaneous. The dialogue was pretty cheesy on Noah's part, and I had to keep reminding myself that this was a tale and that no, real people don't talk like this, and to not be so nit-picky. At times, I felt as if I were reading shades of Gideon Cross in Noah, but that Noah was trying too hard to be Alpha, whereas with Gideon, it felt like the guy was omnipotent and the entire universe willingly did his bidding.

Overall, it was an OK read, more not-very-thrilling/not-really-scary thriller/suspense (I didn't feel any tension, despite the words on the page) than romance novel, with characters that I didn't really get to know very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 8 Dec 2013

Again the author keeps you guessing as to the identity of the real killer, I really enjoyed this book and hope there will be another in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy romantic suspense read, 29 Oct 2013
Anne (Sheffield, Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Don't think too hard about the plot in this novel as there are some large holes in it. If you read it as a romantic novel with a suspense background you will find that it is an engaging and easy read. I gathered from the novel that it is one in a series but I hadn't read the others and I didn't feel the lack of that knowledge.

Claire is a gutsy heroine who has been traumatised, stalked and impoverished by the actions of others. Her attitude and circumstances at the beginning of the novel are well done and so too are her reactions to the things which happen during the story. I did feel that she jumped into bed with Noah a little early given her particular issues but this is a romantic novel where people feel an instant attraction to each other in a way that I am not so sure happens in real life.

Noah is very rich and actually quite arrogant with it. I didn't always like him when he did the "Do you know who I am ?" thing with the police and others - I am not sure that because you are rich you should somehow be immune to the criminal justice system !

The police officers in this book are actually humanised and made to be real people rather than stereotypes but there are few other characters and so the villain is easy to identify. The author tries a clever twist which failed with me as I had anticipated it but which added another layer to the story.

All in all this book probably merited 3.5 or even 3.75 stars. It is more engaging than the average romantic suspense novel and although it has some flaws it is very readable - I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG the series just keeps getting better, 1 July 2014
I thought the 1st 2 books were good but this book blew me away, I actually cried not long before it finished my heart was in my mouth. The author has a way to captivate you from the 1st page to the last with twist and turns that keeps it going.

5.0 out of 5 stars love her, 26 April 2014
i love everything she writes, i have recently started to get into Cynthia Eden and have now gone back and bought everything she has written. i'm not going to tell you about individual books. rather i;m going to tell you about her writing style,,,, ah let me think ....she's brilliant, her world building is very impressive the imagination she has in each of her books are funny and sweet. rough and violent, but it works, if you want to be taken away to a whole new reality give her a shot it's worth it believe me

4.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling!, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Mine to Hold: 3 (Mine - Romantic Suspense) (Paperback)
YAY! For the first time, I guessed who was the killer on one of Cynthia Eden's romantic suspense novels! :) However, I was still surprised some times during the reading of another wonderful book.

I enjoyed greatly reading Noah and Claire's story. They are both so secretive and dark, the way I like my characters. I can't imagine the suffering Claire has gone through because of Ethan...

Again, this was a very compulsive read, difficult to stop. It was thrilling seeing the deaths (yes, I like when there's deaths!) and everything points to Noah and/or Claire; also seeing how they feel so intenselly for each other.

Now, I'm anxious for Drake's story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 30 Dec 2013
Lots of twists and turns a great read with a hint of love and passion. Noah and Claire had met previously then he offers her heart job. Only he doesn't sleep with his employees, so what is she? Her family were brutally killed and now she is the target.

5.0 out of 5 stars fast moving, 22 Dec 2013
MrsW "Dolly" (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
New author to me but I'll certainly be watching out for other titles. This book is fast moving, never bogged down in too much description and I thoroughly enjoyed the escapism.

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, 28 Nov 2013
I really loved the characters. It kept me guessing the plot throughout and I kept doubting myself too. Hope the next book is about Noah's friend

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't hesitate to buy !, 30 Oct 2013
If you are a fan of romantic suspense, intrigue, and alpha males....this book is definitely one for you. The series is really very, very good, with each book better than the last ( or so it seems) Buy and enjoy! I'm about to have a look at Cynthia Edens other books !

Mine to Hold: 3 (Mine - Romantic Suspense)
Mine to Hold: 3 (Mine - Romantic Suspense) by Cynthia Eden (Paperback - 18 Oct 2013)
5.21