4.0 out of 5 stars Nice man, cool characters, easy read.
Published 3 months ago by I wanted to get GT racing for ...

3.0 out of 5 stars Out there
This is SF with a 50s or maybe 60's feel to it. Not geek inspiring technology maybe but certainly "out there" with solid writing and a good page-turner. I may well read more in the series and suspect I might be able to add another star later on.
Published 3 months ago by Earthsearcher

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice man, cool characters, easy read., 5 Aug 2014
This review is from: AMP Messenger (Kindle Edition)
I chose this rating for the simple fact that I was surprised how much I enjoyed the read,I would have liked a little more depth about some of the other people in the story, such as the engineer that dies during one battle, she is introduced and then she is gone, leaving me not having much empathy due to lack of knowledge about her or the other flight crews that are employed by the main characters.
The story has some intriguing things going for it that I hope carry on building in the next instalment, and I rally like the sound of the little fleet of ships that pack a mighty punch.
One thing that does strike me however is the fact that at times they supposedly have no knowledge of earthly things, and the next you see comments that could only be from our history, small niggle but don't be put off,I really did enjoy the read and look forward to some late bed times reading the next.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very glad I did, 10 July 2014
This review is from: AMP Messenger (Kindle Edition)
I used to read an extraordinary amount of Science Fiction but not for quite a few years now. I saw this on my regular email and decided to buy it. I am very glad I did, it is good old fashion shoot-em-up full of coincidences and nick-of-times but it is smashing to read. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good opening SciFi story, 1 Aug 2014
Nige "TND" (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AMP Messenger (Kindle Edition)
enjoyable story. fairly fast paced. a bit of a space opera, complete with space ships, new technology, intrigue, aliens and battles.
got this as a free starter offer for kindle. already bought the second one. i think there are about half a dozen of these in the series so far. unless they get bad, i'm looking forward to ploughing my way through the whole series.
also just noticed that there's another "SODIUM" series by the same author that i might try as well. again, the first instalment is a free kindle offer so i can try it and see if i enjoy the book before buying the rest of the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: AMP Messenger (Kindle Edition)
This is a great series of books. Although not the most high-brow - and probably never destined to be "classics" - they fill up the time on the daily commute. I'm currently getting through one a week and merely the fact that I am getting through the entire series must speak volumes. They're cheap as chips, spin along at a great rate and build well along the story line.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, not my usual genre, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: AMP Messenger (Kindle Edition)
Good, enjoyable read, not my usual genre. If you're looking for comparisons, it made me think of Star Wars, the new Star Trek reboot, and a few space TV series. It moves at a brisk pace,not spending time on details that would make the story drag. I recommend this book, and I'm buying the second instalment as soon as this review is finished!

4.0 out of 5 stars At last, 29 July 2014
This review is from: AMP Messenger (Kindle Edition)
At last I have found a free kindle book that's good. Interesting story that's reasonably well written although the language does descend into American media speak near the end. Took many massive and focuses to be good English. However I will purchase the next in series which is best recommendation I can give.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 11 July 2014
This review is from: AMP Messenger (Kindle Edition)
unfortunately I will have to buy the rest of the series this book was great fun recommended for all ages

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
This review is from: AMP Messenger (Kindle Edition)
Ready good SF read. Had to keep reading to find out where the story was going

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 5 July 2014
Chris (Portsmouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AMP Messenger (Kindle Edition)
Bit of a slow start, then the pace picked up nicely.
Word1 word2 word3 word4 word5 word6 word7 word8 word9.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't just read this book, read the series!, 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: AMP Messenger (Kindle Edition)
I saw the reviews and was able to get into the story straight away which I like. I have to say this and the following books in the series are so worth the read - if you are a sci-fi fan as I am. I found it was hard to put down my kindle and very few stories have had me that enthralled.

AMP Messenger
AMP Messenger by Stephen Arseneault (Paperback - 6 Oct 2013)