5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff
This is a really nice story enjoyable to both youths and adults the character's really come to life will definitely be buying the rest of the books
Published 4 months ago by Lesley Maughan

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
I found this to be a strange story. I would not normally buy this book but, since it was free I donwloaded it. It was and OK story. If the second part and third parts were free I would download them to follow the story but unfortunately, I won't buy them.
Published 5 months ago by Rosalind DETERVILLE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 23 Mar 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 14 Feb 2014
Rosalind DETERVILLE (Belgium) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars An OK send you to sleep read., 2 Feb 2014
Lilaclady (Preston, England) - See all my reviews
I am not a great fan of this book but it did send me to sleep on a couple of occasions. I worked out what was happening way too soon and I am no sleuth.

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, 31 Dec 2013
C. Jack "colinjack" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
Fairly short and shallow story that had a contrived and somewhat nonsensical ending that somewhat spoiled it. Not sure I will read any more of the series.

3.0 out of 5 stars fantasy trilogy part 1, 27 Dec 2013
P. Williamson "sparhawk" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
Read this on kindle. This is a novella and so didn't take long to read and I would say it was aimed at teenagers which I am certainly not. Saying that I did enjoy this read and will read the the rest of the trilogy. One little niggle was the use of the word loo it seemed much to modern for the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars a wizards life book 1 apprentice, 18 Dec 2013
very good adult story its a page turner, looking forward to reading the next books try it thing you will like them

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable start to a story, 23 Nov 2013
There are a few unanswered questions in this book. Why was Benen taking from his family to become an apprentice in the first place being a major one? The system of magic is not one I've seen before and the training as good a telling as most I have read. The plot twist was pretty expected and the actual action limited but I didn't find that this book dragged at all (unlike another book with a similar title that I am currently reading). I might well buy the complete set later to read the further story (that being the cheaper option than to buy individual books)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy, apprentice mage., 21 Nov 2013
Benen is removed from his home, and family, by Oster, an eight hundred year old wizard. He has a gift for magic and Oster has chosen him, to be an apprenfice. At seven years old he finds hs new life relentlessly harsh and punishingly hard work. Only his friend Orafin the talking rat gives him any hope for the future. The idea of taking revenge on the evil mage drives him to learn.
The story is good. the characters believable. There are a few grammar and spelling mistakes, but not enough to make it unreadable. I enjoyed reading it, and would recommend it to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars fantasy book, 17 July 2014
Fun story -- but with a lot of angst- not happy. But interesting well worth aread- now on to the. Next one

Apprentice: 1 (A Wizard's Life)
Apprentice: 1 (A Wizard's Life) by Eric Guindon (Paperback - 26 Sep 2013)
Out of stock