Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 November 2013
The book was well written and had a great story line however the story was very long and drawn out
on 7 November 2013
*I received an ARC in exchange for honest review*

******4.5 Stars ********

I was looking forward to reading Nothing Left To Lose, being a fan of Kristy Moseley, and enjoying her other books Loved The Boy Who Sneaked In My Window. This one had been on my `to be read' list for a while, and the only reason I hadn't read it sooner was because it was only available on Wattpad. When Kristy announced it was going to be published and released as an eBook I was excited.

I liked Annabelle Spencer, what she went through at the hands of Cater had been traumatic, and shocking, and my heart when out to her. I could understand why she was so defensive and acted the way she did, but I did get I did get a little frustrated at times with her because of some of the things she did, and some of her choices. I just wanted to give her a shake her, and say "Can't you see that Ashton is crazy about you."

Ashton Taylor is very swoon worthy. He was a sexy bad-ass SWAT agent; He was sweet, kind, intense, loyal and very protective loved him. I liked the way he was with Anna he was good for her. He was the first person she lets get close to her since Jack death. Aston breaks down her defenses, make her smile again, he has a way of making her feel safe.

I liked the storyline it had a bit of everything suspense, action, drama, angst, some steamy moments. I laugh; tear up, got cross and frustrated. Told from both POV means I was able to get an insight into what both were thinking, and the depth of their feelings. I thought Annabelle and Ashton relationship was cute. I loved the romantic scenes those parts always put a smile on my face. I liked how through Anna nightmares you find out what happen to her while she was with Carter, it really added to the story, and gave me the background information I need on Annabelle history with Carter.

As for the side characters, Nate was great made me laugh and I'm looking forward to reading his story. Dean was sweet, and as for Cater well he was just a psychopath who I really wanted to do physical harm to.

I will warn you Nothing Left to Lose is a lot longer than most NA books, and I mean a lot longer, in relation to page numbers we are talking close to four digits. When my Kindle said I had over 11 hours of reading I was worried that I would lose interest or that there would be a lot of unnecessary scenes, but I have to say I didn't, and there wasn't.

Overall I enjoyed this book, the writing, the plot, and the characters and despite the length I must admit I didn't I didn't want to put it down. I will say that some parts were a bit cliché at times, but I didn't mind as sometimes I need that in a book. The last 20% had me on the edge of my seat, biting my nails as I had been getting anxious as I wanted to know when and how Carter would reappear, I did at one point think Kirsty Moseley you better give me a HEA or I'm never going to read any of your books again. ;).

But don't worry after an action packed ending, there's just a really sweet epilogue that I loved and makes the 11 hours of reading worth it. If you are looking for a sweet enjoyable easy read that is definitely going to leave you with a smile your face, then I highly recommended this book.

4.5 stars

Favorite quotes,

"My heart skipped a beat and my stomach ties in a knot. I wanted to run to her, wrap my arms around her, and tell her everything would be okay. I wanted to make her smile and hear her laugh" ~ Ashton

"There was something about him that just made me trust him, giving me more confidence around him." ~ Anna

"I loved her with everything I had: everything that was important to me just disappeared in a puff of smoke when she came into my life"~ Ashton

I'd unknowing made myself vulnerable by letting him close to me- but the thing was, I wouldn't actually changes anything. I liked being around him, and I liked the person that he allowed me to be" ~ Anna

"She felt something for me too, deep down I knew it, but she was just scared of getting hurt again. I could wait thought; I'd wait as long as she needed." ~ Ashton

"The way he looked at me something made me feel as if I was flying. It was incredible how one look from him made me feel so free and unshackled" ~ Anna.

"Ashton had broken down my barriers and set up camp in my heart without me even being aware what he was doing. The boy had totally stolen my heart without my permission"~ Anna
on 5 January 2014
Kirsty Moseley is one of my favourite authors and her books never fail to impress until I read this one. I loved the characters in the book but the story was just too predictable and way too lengthy as the same story could have been told using half the pages in this book. I would give her other books ago first maybe 'the boy who sneaks through my bedroom window' or 'free falling' as I loved them and this book may put you off reading her other great books!
on 3 December 2013
I'm currently only at about 40% of this on my kindle - it seems like I have been reading forever though!
Reading the book description before buying, I thought this showed a lot of promise - promise that hasn't quite been lived up to. I can only assume what is going to happen in the remaining 60%, Kirsty's books have been fairly obvious so far, I can only assume this will be no different.
I do not like either of the main characters. Anna is selfish, irritating and stuck up. Ashton is quite pathetic for someone with his special training.
One thing about Kirsty's books is her need to end sentences with "...or something". Her word count would be A LOT less if she took that out. That's my main complaint!
on 7 December 2013
This book was very hard going. I really struggled to finish it but I wanted to find out where Kristy Moseley was this was going with this..

So what did she give us?

Sweet sixteen is a day that every girl should remember, a passage into womanhood and the beginning of a journey but for Annabelle Spencer March the 12 was the day that would be embedded in her life for ever and for her 16th birthday Anna would be left with deep and irrevocable scars instead of a happy ending to a night out.

Jack Roberts wanted to give Anna a birthday she would not forget and had taken her to a nightclub to celebrate. Anna loved Jack with everything she had in her young life and that night she would give Jack her body. He was good and kind and a loving generous boy. Their lives were planned, finish school, college and careers. Jack would become a Doctor and they would get married. Perfect.

Then they met Carter Thomas, murderous, angry Carter, drug and arms dealer and what started out as a special journey for Anna and Jack very quickly became the highway to hell. Carter wants Anna and her dream night turns into her worse nightmare when she watches Carter Thomas snuff the light from Jack systematically beating him to death and taking Anna.

10 months later, after being subjected to Carter's rules and life, she is found. Annabelle Spencer is not the same, and never will be. She is now a cold hard and broken. Carter is in prison for Jack's murder but due to key evidence is due for a re-trial. Carter's obsession with Anna has not ended with his incarceration and nothing will stop him from taking her again.

Three years on and Anna's father is running for presidency. Ashton Taylor SWAT expert is brought into protect the broken damaged Anna - but his duties go beyond protection and soon he brings Anna back to life and shows her that life is worth living and that all men will not hurt her but Carter Thomas will stop at nothing to be re-united with his "Princess"

Sounds good? Yep chapter one drew me in but I soon lost interest. The story was too long and rehashed, too much repetition and over usage of words, the plot could have been explosive but ended up weak, and the character building was poor. I lost track of the amount of times her sentences ended with "or something" or the amount of times she said "he moaned from his throat" well I don't know about you but where else would you moan from?

Kirsty Mosely introduces to serious issues from chapter one but seemed to dismiss the subject matter from that point on. The way she dealt with Anna's rape was that she had to meet the "one" before you can overcome any of her issues. I thought she stretched reality a little too thinly with this story and the further in I read the more I found it hard to believe.

So there you have it.
on 16 December 2013
This author's books read like the romantic fantasies of a 12 year old girl. The writing style in itself lacks finesse, the language used is repetitive, and the author could do with gong back to basics and doing some creative writing / English lit courses.

That being said, the innocence of her characters creates a certain naive charm, and this makes for an easy read that, whilst pretty basic and unoriginal in concept, somehow keeps you turning the page. It's probably the type of book best read by a young adult, but it's alright for a few hours mindless escapism for those a little older. But if you are a grammar Nazi, give this one a miss, or you'll be screaming in frustration.

One thing that really irritates me with an author is when they give one of their principal characters some great life trauma - as in the case of Annabelle, the "heroine" - but then they just don't realistically express the consequential fall out of said trauma. This book showed a lot of promise, but the author seems unable to develop characters in detail, instead dealing with hardcore themes in a very superficial manner. Her characters are very immature and one dimensional.

Tip for the author - invest in a decent proof reader. And a thesaurus. And perhaps remove the catalyst of an abusive scenario from your next novel, as you're not really particularly good at exploring such harsh realities with anything more than the emotional range of a teaspoon (shout out, JK Rowling, who does know how to write).
on 19 November 2013
My sixteenth was anything but sweet; it was more like the passage into hell on earth

This book is - hands down - my favourite book ever written. I know, I know - but it truly mean it.

I never offer more than 5 stars to a book as all other books I rate 5 stars have a flaw or two. Not this one.

It is utterly flawless, incredible, outstanding, beautiful and out of this world amazing.

Since I'm waffling on about how great this is, I suppose I better get on with the review.

Annabelle Spencer was a young, carefree teenager who was very much in love with her boyfriend Jack. Jack takes her to a nightclub for her 16th birthday. When there, they meet Carter - a disgusting criminal with a penchant for young innocent girls.

Carter gets what he wants - Anna - and murders Jack in front of her.

I couldn't breathe. My heart was breaking into a million pieces as I replayed the last couple of seconds in my head. In my mind's eye, I saw Jack's face as the two guys' hands left his body and he started falling. I'd never seen anyone look more terrified or helpless.

Carter kidnaps Anna, holds her hostage and does unspeakable things to her. Terrible, horrific and scarring things.

Fastforward a few years - Anna has been rescued and is attending College to major in Art. Her father is a US Senator who is running for Presidency and Anna is working her way though bodyguards like clean underware.

Enter Ashton Taylor - SWAT graduate, badass and all round SEX GOD

I turned back to Ashton, who was standing there looking like a cocky, arrogant Greek God

Ashton is assigned to be Anna's near guard - he must attend college with her, live with her and pretend to be her boyfriend.

Now...this would be simple IF Anna was willing to pretend and Ashton didn't feel like all his hard work in SWAT school had been for nothing.

Dont worry Ashton, he can't hurt me anymore, no one can. I have nothing left to lose

Anna and Ashton have a lot of obstacles to overcome - School, threaths to life, lust, anger, want and all manner of other things.

Can they get through these 8 months together and come out the other side?

Fcuk my life!This is going to be the longest eight months ever!

Anna and Ashton become Annaton and trust me - you will fall head over heels in love with this story and each of its charaters.

Everything was perfect and incredible

Just - go buy it folks, it is a true must read.
on 5 November 2013
WOW! You know you're onto a good thing when you've laugh, cried and been shocked into silence all in the first chapter!

This is the story of Anna and Ashton. Ashton has just completed his SWAT training and his first assignment is to protect Anna. Anna hasn't had the easiest life despite being a senator's daughter.

Her life hasn't been the same since her 16th birthday and she is a broken shell of the girl she used to be. Ashton has been hired to pose as her boyfriend while she is at college so she isn't kicked out again and doesn't attract unwanted male attention.

Throughout the story we watch Ashton break down Anna's defences and he worms his way into her heart, a place she doesn't want him.

It was nice to watch Anna come out of her shell with Ashton and fall in love. The book was a little hard going, there was a lot of repetition of I'm in love with you but I'm so broken I didn't think you'd want me and I'm still in love with my ex.

Just when shit hits the fan Anna pushes Ashton away to protect him. The action towards the end of the book was just right for the story and not overboard.

I loved this book and could not put it down until it was finished. The story is pretty intense to start with and peters out in the middle and ramps it back up for the ending. I am glad I got the chance to read this book. I would not hesitate to recommend. I shall be looking out for Kirsty's other work to add to my TBR list
on 6 November 2013
(ARC received from author in exchange for an honest review)

I love Kirsty Moseley's books and I was so excited to read Nothing Left To Lose. I just hoped that it lived up to my expectations. Did it live up to my expectations? Oh yeah and then some!

I loved Anna's character, she was vulnerable while being strong. She went through a horrific ordeal that lasted for almost a whole year and when she came out of it she was no longer the spoilt daughter of two high profile parents. The way Kirsty has written and developed Anna through the book makes you see her as a real person. You experience her emotions as Anna does, you fall in love with her as her strength and determination grows. She digs into your heart a little and I may of left bit of it behind with her.

Ashton, it makes a really nice change that Kirsty has written Ashton as a regular nice guy. Don't get me wrong he is kick ass and if I needed someone in my corner he's the first person I'd pick BUT he's not a bad boy turned good for the right girl and I thank Kirsty for recognising that not all book boyfriends need to be reformed bad boys. Ashton has also stolen a lil bit of my heart, how can he not. You really need to go and fall in love with him yourself to understand.

I was taken on an emotional roller-coaster with this story. Not only was it emotional it was so full of angst and suspense I need a new manicure job. This is not a short book, in fact it's one of the longest books I've read because I tend to get bored and end up either skim reading or giving up. I have a short attention span. However, Kirsty kept me hooked from the first word until the last and I read this whole book in one sitting.

This is without doubt one of the best books I have read this year.
on 10 November 2013
Wow!! This book has everything you could ask for in a book. Love, heartbreak, baddies, a strong female character, a strong gorgeous male character.

One of the main things I loved about this book was the length of it, I was reading for 3 hours and wasn't even half way through. I usually go through a book every other day. I even went to bed with my daughter at 7pm on a Saturday to read this book I was still awake at 1am because I couldn't put it down.

There were parts of the book (at the beginning) where I was getting slightly frustrated with the characters (the usual were they won't tell each other how they feel). But it all helped to build an Amazing story, and helped to a show their relationship. I laughed, cried and couldn't wait to turn the page.

I did struggle to find this book tho, I had to go to Amazon.com and have it delivered to my kindle, rather than the usual way.