5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish
I am not a beginner to CSS. I have been struggling my way through for quite a while. But my knowledge lacked structure and cohesion. This book has changed all that. Dr Andy is always a joy to read, well written and well thought out.
Published 16 months ago by Pearsonbrown

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor presentation
Published 17 months ago by P Brooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, 4 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent beginner's guide to CSS!, 4 Dec 2012
John Coutts (Spain) - See all my reviews
I used to run a small web design company in the early days of the World Wide Web, and before I gave that up to write full time, I dabbled in CSS, which was then an emerging technology. Since then I have tried to keep up to speed with the development of HTML and CSS.

This book is an excellent beginner's guide to the bewildering world of Cascading Style Sheets, which is actually not all that bewildering once you start to look into to it.

I confess I am still tempted to create a table to contain elements on a web page, but Andy's book has reminded me how easy it is to achieve the same effect - or better - with CSS.

This is a book I will keep referring to for as long as I create websites. Even with the ease that WordPress provides, it never hurts to know how to get behind the scenes, so to speak, and tweak things for yourself. It's a skill that will always come in handy.

Get this book if you want more control over your own websites!

John.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 17 Mar 2013
The very best book to get started on CSS. You will learn and be able to do things straight away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Matt, 29 Jan 2013
I bought this book after reading Andy's SEO one. I have been creating websites for some years but never learnt CSS. I don't like using tools such as Dreamweaver but needed to take my knowledge to the next level. This book has really helped and is full of useful examples. Excellent value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars clear concise helpful, 27 Dec 2012
Mrs (Evesham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I found this book very clear and helpful. It puts into understandable words step by step instructions. It does exactly what it says on the "tin"

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Beginners Steps At A Cheap Price, 24 April 2014
This book is extremely good for the cheap price. It does not tell you every little detail about CSS, yet, for a beginner it is incredible piece to start off with. Just follow the steps as the author goes through them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor presentation, 19 Mar 2013
P Brooks (Bristol United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
However good, bad or indifferent this book may be, be warned - on an admittedly old Kindle CSS code is barely readable and many screenshots are totally unreadable. Expanding text size does not affect code or screenshots, only the author's written text. The only thing discouraging me from asking Amazon for a refund is the fact that display is better, although not brilliant on my Google Nexus 7.

CSS for Beginners: Learn to Tweak Your Website Design
CSS for Beginners: Learn to Tweak Your Website Design by Dr. Andy Williams (Paperback - 4 Sep 2013)
6.34